Thread: SB-95c WOW!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Smile SB-95c WOW!

Just got an SB-95c and WOOHOO...this thing pedals well and when u mash down on the pedals it takes off! Kinda curious though bout 140mm fork as it came with a 120mm. I've seen a couple peeps that are running the 140 Pike, how much does that change the head angle & is it worth it? Just lookin for some input cuz I imagine Im like everyone else here and always fiddling with their bike lookin for the best combo. Thanks

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Congrats! I envy your frame (and rear tire clearance) but I love my '12 95a for sure. I'm not sure it's quite the same rocket sled the 95c is but it sure isn't far behind. I'm hoping to put carbon rims on the bike this winter during annual maintenance, we'll see. It's $$$.

As to the fork, lots LOTS of 95a & 95c riders are rocking 130 or 140 travel, or even more with some of the later gen forks. I personally have mine setup at 140 and love it. The extra BB height and 1 degree slacker head make a lot of sense for my riding style and riding area (NE PA predominantly).

I'm pretty sure Yeti has the geometry listed on the info section of their site for the bike setup both ways so you can go there to see the numbers that change and by how much depending upon fork travel.

Whether it plays out as a benefit for you would depend on your riding area and style. Also, the '13 and later forks are - from what I gather - not as easily changeable in travel from 120 to 140, but they are changeable. You'll just need to dig around to be sure how your fork works. The older gen forks have a travel limit spacer on the bottom of the air spring under the piston, which is why they're easy to change.

Ride the tires off the bike, I know I have.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Yes that SB is one fun bike , I am glad you like your SB too .
    I am just as amazed as you on how well it just takes off when mashed on , congrats kmarsh on your new SB .

Just thinking about the bike makes me smile

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'm running a 150mm Pike on mine and have no complaints whatsoever. I'm sure the 140mm would be lovely as well, I'm just more a slack/short stem/wide bars kinda guy.