Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

SB-95 Discontinued...What's Next?

I was just told by the LBS that yeti has discontinued the SB-95.

Is there a Switch Infinity replacement on the horizon?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    It would make sense right?

If they developed a better pivot that solved the problems with the existing Switch, they would want to transition over.

Not Bad
    Well I was in my local Yeti dealers earlier today and was speaking to the Yeti rep who happened to be in there too, he told me that there were currently no plans for a new SB95 or a direct replacement in the near future which goes along with what John P. Has already mentioned on here saying that the SB95c will be around for a long while yet.

Yeti have also stated that they see the 5-6" bracket suiting 27.5" wheels so maybe there never will be a '95 replacement? Still makes my main bike current in my eyes though and it's not as if the '95 isn't one of the best trail bikes out there anyway.

I wouldn't bet against a shorter travel more XC orientated 29er coming along using the ASR arrangement.

mtbr member
    Now I'm curious. It seems to me that;

-Switch Infinity wouldn't have come out unless there was a reason to improve switch.
    -If Switch needs improvement than it would make sense that the current Switch bikes would be replaced or discontinued.
    -It would be really dumb to vacate a very popular and successful market segment - 4-5" 29er trail bikes.

All the above leads me to the conclusion that a new SB95 will come out, its just a matter of when.

Not Bad

I wonder if John P would mind commenting on whether or not the SB95/c is discontinued. I find it pretty hard to believe unless they're really making way for the Switch Infinity and going down a completely different route?...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I think the SB95A will be discontinued. the 95C will stay in production until next year when they release the SI. I think JohnP said something like that + it was written somewhere that Yeti will only product carbon frames from now on for Switch technology.

LCW
    mtbr member
    Probably going to be a 4" Switch Infinity 29er...
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    I wonder if John P would mind commenting on whether or not the SB95/c is discontinued. I find it pretty hard to believe unless they're really making way for the Switch Infinity and going down a completely different route?...
    I would think he would only chime in with an answer to this question when current inventories are nearly exhausted.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin View Post
    I would think he would only chime in with an answer to this question when current inventories are nearly exhausted.
    He discussed the SB 66 being discontinued a while back even though there are still inventories and its still selling.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    Probably going to be a 4" Switch Infinity 29er...

Usually, when a product is as successful as the 95 has been for them, companies usually don't stray to far from the original. Swapping out the lower pivot assembly is fine (Switch for SI), but I'd hope that atleast the 125mm rear travel and killer geometry stay. As well as the ability to run a 120-150mm fork.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic View Post
    Usually, when a product is as successful as the 95 has been for them, companies usually don't stray to far from the original. Swapping out the lower pivot assembly is fine (Switch for SI), but I'd hope that atleast the 125mm rear travel and killer geometry stay. As well as the ability to run a 120-150mm fork.
    My LBS said the ASR 29er whould be out this fall/winter and the SI95 would be released next summer Julyish. We'll see what happens. That said anyone want a SB95c for $5200 low miles with Pike. PM me
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SicBith View Post
    My LBS said the ASR 29er whould be out this fall/winter and the SI95 would be released next summer Julyish. We'll see what happens. That said anyone want a SB95c for $5200 low miles with Pike. PM me
    Im with you SicBith , I have a slightly used SB95C that I need to get rid of also :-]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SicBith View Post
    What are you considering next?
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic View Post
    What are you considering next?
    I'm not sure. The SB95 is awesome, but I might end up on the SI5 or 6. Yeti is sold out of XL SB95c so if anyone is looking PM me and I'll give you the details.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    LBS said that yeti only has medium and small sb-95c left in stock.

lbs had a medium sb95 race aluminum that they sell for $4495.

At 10% off, I just don't think I want to settle to al when I really want carbon.

mtbr member
    I just can't understand why they would discontinue a popular bike before a replacement is ready. The only thing I can think is that they are having so many problems with warranty claims that it isn't worth it to sell them. But I don't see too many problems with the bike documented around here. Very puzzling.

LCW
    mtbr member

They did it with the SB66... Not that hard to understand

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    The only thing I can think is that they are having so many problems with warranty claims that it isn't worth it to sell them.
    Why would you just throw that out there? You claim you haven't heard of many problems yet toss out a BOLD statement/question like that; seems irresponsible.
    Calvin

LCW
    mtbr member

It could simply be that Yeti wants stop having to pay royalties to Sotto group as quickly as possible

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstr View Post
    Im with you SicBith , I have a slightly used SB95C that I need to get rid of also :-]

Yeah but from what I've read mine might be in better shape....just sayin....LOL

mtbr member
    Why would you just throw that out there? You claim you haven't heard of many problems yet toss out a BOLD statement/question like that; seems irresponsible.
    Agree 100%... I've only read one tread which had a broken rear triangle. Sure there have been some paint issues, but if you're worried about paint chips maybe golf is a better sport for you. If they discontinue the SB95 it would be based on the price points they want to hit in their catalog, not due to durability. IMO

mtbr member
    Puuhhhhhleeeeeezzzz.

I think I made it perfectly clear that I had no knowledge of their warranty issues, in fact had not heard of problems. I am only trying to understand what's going on. There's a reason for everything. Nothing wrong with speculation if you are clear that that is what you are doing. If you have other theories, let's hear them.

mtbr member
    They did it with the SB66... Not that hard to understand
    Very true, but that's a different situation. 26er demand is plummeting. No sense making a bike no one is going to buy. I don't think its the same situation with the SB95, or the 29er market in general.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I just bought one this weekend!

I had spent lots of miles on my brothers XL AL, but, I got a L sb95c. I decided to pull the trigger as soon as I saw the new suspension. I love the way the current one works, and it's super clean looking. new one, not so clean, pretty busy. and,
    I've owned a 27.5 bike, for me, the big wheels are just plain smoother and faster.
    sell 'em...? I think you guys should decide to keep em, because the next one is not always better...
    I have owned and ridden lots of 29 and 650b, and the sb95 c is just plain sweet!
    last 29er, Ibis Ripley, this one climbs as well, but descends way better!

holiday

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It could simply be that Yeti wants stop having to pay royalties to Sotto group as quickly as possible
    Very interesting thought...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast