Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011

SB 95 coming next month

My local LBS, a volume dealer, confirmed with Yeti today that SB 95's are on track to deliver initial orders next month!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi yeti575inCA,

Any news from your local LBS on the carbon SB-66c? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Newb here waiting for my '95 frame to arrive... Australian Yeti site has the first pic I've seen of the black but little else on the info front. I can't link as yet, so here it is, modified. You know what to do.

www dot pureyeti dot com dot au/sb-95

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Thanks for the link OCD, man that bike in black is sexy!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    argghh... Makes me wish I had ordered black.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thank you for the link. It does beg a question though. What are the final geometry numbers. That website states a 69.5 degree head angle with a 120mm fork yet I have seen other websites state a 68.5 degree head angle with the same fork as well. So which is it?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yeah, I'm still a bit confused on the final numbers, especially since there are two different geo-charts floating around - albiet the second one was posted by John P., Yeti rep.

Old chart:

Newer chart:

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the post. I am hoping for the second geometry chart. Will have to consider an angleset or other bike (like the stumpjumper) if it is the 69.5 which is too close to my big top.

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

www.yeticycles.com

mtbr member
    Got a Link on Facebook from a LBS here in Co That they have the SB-95 Now, It also helps that they are in Golden as well just down the block from YETI ! Might go for a drive early next week since i live 10 miles north of Golden !!
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI_Chris View Post
    Got a Link on Facebook from a LBS here in Co That they have the SB-95 Now, It also helps that they are in Golden as well just down the block from YETI ! Might go for a drive early next week since i live 10 miles north of Golden !!
    <>

My wife informed me a little while ago that I'm getting a SB95 this year, but she refuses to be more clear on timing. She wanted to 100% surprise me with it, but sizing is an issue without asking me about it. ;^)

I'm SOOO HORRIBLY biting my virtual fingernails.

( yeah, she's a keeper )

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    <>

My wife informed me a little while ago that I'm getting a SB95 this year, but she refuses to be more clear on timing. She wanted to 100% surprise me with it, but sizing is an issue without asking me about it. ;^)

( yeah, she's a keeper )
    bear - just curious what height/inseam/arm-length you are and what size you went with?

also, that is awesome.

mtbr member
    We had an SB95 in Moab and Fruita over the weekend, and it's an incredible bike...great ride for everything you throw at it.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by tedlove View Post
    bear - just curious what height/inseam/arm-length you are and what size you went with?
    we're going with a large, which scare(d/s) me a little bit because traditionally I would have thought that a bit big for me (5' 9", 32" inseam) however my basis for comparisons are:

- my Niner MCR-9 (2010 frame, medium for 607mm TT & 419mm ST - with a very long post, 90mm stem, 100mm fork, low-rise bars)

- my 26" Titus SuperMoto (2005 frame, large for 615mm TT, 508mm ST, 100mm stem, 180mm fork, low-rise bars)

... which compares to the SB95 geo that I've seen for Large w/Fox34 for 614mm TT & 495mm ST, and I'm assuming they're putting a 90mm or shorter stem on it from what I've seen in pixels.

I run both the above bikes of mine for very long rides, and shorter technical rides, and I'm pretty confident that the Large SB95 will be the best fit for my intended (ab)use.

Ride Driven
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by YETI_Chris View Post
    The 95 that Golden Bike Shop has is only on loan. I'll be getting it back today so I can hit the road with it.

check our site to see if I'm heading your way.
    Yeti Cycles // Ride Driven

Ride Driven
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by smithrider View Post
    Thanks for the post. I am hoping for the second geometry chart. Will have to consider an angleset or other bike (like the stumpjumper) if it is the 69.5 which is too close to my big top.
    I have been told that the first chart was given out to select media guys before numbers were finalized. the second is what the demo bikes and final production frames are.

68.5 with a Fox 34 at 120
    67.6 with a Fox 34 at 140

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the geometry reply. I will probably have to go for a custom build as the DT Swiss 400 series rims have no place on a bike like the 95 and they are what I am seeing on all of the test bikes. First of all, they are too narrow and second, they probably aren't going to take the beating heavier riders will put them through on an aggresive trail bike. Should go with flows or the new WTB trail/AM 29er rim.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    <>

( yeah, she's a keeper )
    Wow, does she have any sisters available?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anyone have a (component) build underway? I'll be good to go once the frame lands next month. XO, Haven and 34/140 Talas for me

Damn! That '66C is sexy, want.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I am going to wait for the Carbon next year. My thought was similiar to yours. Probably would go XO with an XTR rear derailer, haven wheels and the Fox 34 Float. I have hated every Talas I have owned. Floats perform so much better.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew8404 View Post
    Wow, does she have any sisters available?
    Actually, of her three sisters two are not married, don't know if they're attached.

They each have a "child" though, one is 16-ish the other is 8 I think. :^)

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

@trailgrinder
    How much are these costing, love the last pic.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Now THAT is taking the time to do it up right.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    check it out...
    Yeti Cycles

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast