Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

... and if we just ... SB 95 Build Thread?

It is getting close to march has anyone started accumulating parts
    for there build yet?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    No clue when I'm going to get the bike (not 100% sure the gal has ordered it yet, she's being awefully cagey AND we just moved household so there's been a ton of money out).

But I have the grips I want to use (ergon gx1's) - does that count?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    absolutely that counts. that's a lot more than I have I still haven't pulled the trigger yet on anything.

Ride Driven
    Jun 2011
    this is how I will be setting up my personal 95.

frame: med 95
    fork: Fox 34 set to 140
    wheels: Stans Flow on DT 240s(not pictured0
    drive train: XT
    chainguide: e13 lg1
    brakes: XT
    bars: Sunline V1 745
    grips: odi crosstrainer
    headset: king
    stem: thomson 70mm
    tires: F- schwalbe nobby nic 2.35(not pictured)
    R- schwalbe racing ralph 2.4(not pictured)

Last fall I had a chance to take one of my demos out to Moab. switched out a couple things, and set it up closer to how I would ride it. this is a pic of that set up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SB 95 Build Thread?-get-attachment.aspx.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Wheels are flying from the other side of the planet as we speak. My build is set at:

Medium Frame, currently the NZ distributor doesn't think he's getting any in black, so I'll have to settle with bead blast
    Stan's Arch EX on Hope Pro II Evo, 15mm and 142x12, clad front and rear with tubeless Nobby Nics at 2.25"
    XT 3x10 drivechain, with a decision on bashguard and chainguide down the track
    F34 Float set at 120mm
    XT Ice Tech brakes, 8" front and 6" rear
    Reverb seatpost
    Cane Creek headset
    Easton Havoc carbon bar @ 720-730ish
    Thomson Elite stem @ 70mm
    Yeti grips and Yeti/WTB seat

I've been getting hints that it should be ready in a few weeks, so I'm starting to get excited!

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Quote Originally Posted by YetiDemo View Post
    this is how I will be setting up my personal 95.

frame: med 95
    fork: Fox 34 set to 140
    wheels: Stans Flow on DT 240s(not pictured0
    drive train: XT
    chainguide: e13 lg1
    brakes: XT
    bars: Sunline V1 745
    grips: odi crosstrainer
    headset: king
    stem: thomson 70mm
    tires: F- schwalbe nobby nic 2.35(not pictured)
    R- schwalbe racing ralph 2.4(not pictured)

Last fall I had a chance to take one of my demos out to Moab. switched out a couple things, and set it up closer to how I would ride it. this is a pic of that set up.
    As a point of reference, with the 140, how do you think the 95 would climb that short steep section on Apex trail? You know, the one still in the trees, but right next to the drop off to the creek...TALAS needed? Or the last stepped climb, right before the turn to Enchanted Forest?
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

www.yeticycles.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My black frame should be here before the end of March, can't wait.

I'm going X0, Haven (Alu) wheels and cockpit, Talas 34 140's, Hans Dampf and Reverb. Frame is the last piece in this expensive puzzle

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Stupid question, but can anyone confirm that the stock Float 34 fork is internally adjustable to 140? I've got one coming (XT build), with the assumption that it is. I rode this bike on the Magnificent 7 at Outerbike this year, and the extra bit of slack front end/travel would put this bike over the top.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonSS View Post
    Stupid question, but can anyone confirm that the stock Float 34 fork is internally adjustable to 140?...
    In the SB-95 Custom Colours? thread John P says "FWIW, the Fox 34 120 can be converted to a 140 in about 10 minutes."

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Fantastic news--thanks for passing that along!
    Keith in Corvallis

Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    frame: large
    fork: Fox 34 set to 120
    wheels: DT 240's laced to the cheapie chinese carbon rims
    crank: Noir 1.1 Carbon with e13 32T chainring
    chainguide: e13 XCX
    rear drive: SRAM XX 11-36 cass, with XX med cage der
    brakes: not sure.. prolly XX or XO
    bars: Carbon FSA riser
    grips: ESI Foam
    headset: Chris King
    stem: Ritchey WCS
    tires: S-works Captain front, Renegade rear

might race it, but it's my all day/all mtn bike in reality. i'm still undecided on going with the 142 thru or 10 RWS. i've ridden 142 rear bikes in the past, and i'm not sure at my 160 lbs that it's all that much stiffer and/or needed?? the 10mm thru bolt on my big top is plenty stiff. plus.. i'd like to be able to swap wheelsets if needed... any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    xl frame
    xt build (2x10)
    reverb
    crossmax st rims

mtbr member
    We know its probably coming, the 95c. That's what I'm waiting for.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I am waiting on the 95c as well. It is probably looking like 2x10 XO/X9 combo for me on the drive unless Shimano steps up their XT with some more 29er friendly 2x10 rings like 24/38 or 22/36 like SRAM. I can crank a 26 front 36 rear on my Big Top but lower is welcome for some of the longer/steeper epic rides here in Colorado.

mtbr member
    May 2011

Black Sb-95

Just placed my order for a XL black sb-95 today through JensonUSA! I'm stoked about it! I have a fox 34 Talas being shipped to my house too to start the build. Oh and I have Easton Haven wheels for it too.

I had a couple of random questions about some of the new features of the shimano 2X10 dynasys if anyone could help me out that would be great. I'm 95% going to do a full xt build on it except for the rear derailleur I want to do the new XTR plus and try it out.

As for my questions....What is the smallest chainring set that can go on a 2 ring xt crank. I only see 26-38 tooth as the smallest. I do a lot of long steep climbs and I had a 22 tooth front and a 36 tooth rear on my old bike. I really liked having the "low" gear once in a while. Also I was wondering if anyone had good information about iscg tabs on the 95? I've seen frame pics of the 66 that has them, and I heard in a round about way that the 95 will have them too. I was just wondering if anyone had anything more concrete?

Thanks a bunch

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Head over to the 29er forum for some threads regarding gearing..

Congrats!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    95mmpost and 140 front + 1x10...it's a perfect all'rounder bike...a perfect am...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by billyballa33 View Post
    Just placed my order for a XL black sb-95 today through JensonUSA! I'm stoked about it! I have a fox 34 Talas being shipped to my house too to start the build. Oh and I have Easton Haven wheels for it too.

I had a couple of random questions about some of the new features of the shimano 2X10 dynasys if anyone could help me out that would be great. I'm 95% going to do a full xt build on it except for the rear derailleur I want to do the new XTR plus and try it out.

As for my questions....What is the smallest chainring set that can go on a 2 ring xt crank. I only see 26-38 tooth as the smallest. I do a lot of long steep climbs and I had a 22 tooth front and a 36 tooth rear on my old bike. I really liked having the "low" gear once in a while. Also I was wondering if anyone had good information about iscg tabs on the 95? I've seen frame pics of the 66 that has them, and I heard in a round about way that the 95 will have them too. I was just wondering if anyone had anything more concrete?

Thanks a bunch
    I indirectly addressed this in my post above. The lowest XT 2x10 I know of is 26 front. This is why I went with Sram for my 2x10 drivetrain on my 29er as they offer 22 and 24 front options on X9 and X0 cranks.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Oh ya, don't know how I missed that in your earlier post....I guess I should take a look at X9. Thanks for the reply

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Have all the parts just need the frame

Frame should be coming in soon. 1x10 for rolling east coast technical singletrack.

Frame 2012 YETI SB-95 Black Large
    Fork 2012 FOX Float 34 140
    Stem Thompson Elite 70mm 0 deg
    Bars Answer Pro Taper Carbon 25mm rise
    Headset Chris King InSet I2 44-56mm
    Grips Sette H Type (love these cheap but sweet!)
    Rear Shifter Shimano XTR M980 10 Speed
    Brake Levers Shimano XT M785
    Brake Calipers Shimano XT M785, 180mm front adaptor
    Brake Discs Alligator Wind Cutter Titanium Nitrite 180 front 160 rear
    Wheelset Stans Arch 29 EX black with 15mm front and 142 x 12 rear convert
    Thru Axle Shimano 142 x 12 thru axle & YETI chip kit
    Cranks Race Face Turbine 175mm 2X (set up 1X10)
    Chainring Home Brewed Components 80 BCD 28T
    Bash/Guide(s) Home Brewed Components 120 BCD Bash Guard black
    Cassette SRAM XG 1080 11-36
    Chain KMC Superlight 10 Speed
    Rear Derailuer Shimano XTR M985 GS
    Pedals Shimano XTR M980
    Seat Selle Italia SLR Flow
    Seatpost Thompson Elite 30.9
    Seatpost Clamp Thompson
    Front Tire Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 EVO
    Rear Tire Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 EVO

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    just placed my order yesterday through my local bike shop for black med xt race build. stood there while bike shop spoke with yeti...said I would see the bike end of april...which is great so I can get a couple of months on the bike before the gathering in vail in july! pumped to ride this rig!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I'm early in line for a Black Large with XT Race at University Cycles in Austin. No firm dates but it's sooner rather than later.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Frame will be here Thursday

The new large black beauty will be here on Thursday.

I've read & seen pictures on other threads that the black is a flat black. I am excitred about that. I thought the shiny would have done ok, but the flat black makes it look the balls. I have the white 34 fork for it...thinking its going to look smokin hot.

I'll post pics (if I can) when I'm unboxing and building.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post
    I'm early in line for a Black Large with XT Race at University Cycles in Austin. No firm dates but it's sooner rather than later.
    <>

I wonder if you're one of the guys Mark was telling about, demoing the ride and immediately putting deposit down. ;^)

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by billyballa33 View Post
    Also I was wondering if anyone had good information about iscg tabs on the 95?
    According to the user manual on the Yeti web site the frame has the BB splines to take either ISCG/old or ISCG-05 tabs. I believe the SB-66 is the same.

What I'd like to know is whether the frame comes with the ISCG tab piece or not, or whether it needs be ordered - as I want to put an MRP 2x on mine when I can.

I've seen discussion in another thread that there was a fitment issue with the tabs on the '95 but I haven't seen details yet nor any info coming back from Yeti about that issue yet (nor would I really have expected the latter, yet).

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast