Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    FYI, the nut that comes with the axle goes into the blue chip on the top right of that image, with a grub-screw preventing it from dropping out when you remove the axle.

mtbr member

eThirteen Chainguide

Quote Originally Posted by Birdymkr View Post
    I'll play-just picked up last night:Attachment 705843
    Here are the specs:
    SB95 Large Black frameset
    XTR brakes
    XTR shifters
    XTR Shadow Plus rear D
    XT cranks
    EThirteen chainguide (32t)
    Fox 34 Talas (2013)
    RS Reverb 100mm Dropper
    Easton Haven wheelset
    Schwable Rocket Ron
    Cane Creek 110 Blue
    Twenty6 50mm stem
    Easton XC carbon low rise
    Birdymkr - did you have to do any modification mounting your E13 chainguide? Im trying to do a 1x setup but some folks are saying you have to do some modifications for the fitting and alignment - thnx

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    How do you like that xtr shadow plus? That with the pivot design on the 95 sounds like the epitome of chain excellence. I was thinking of getting srams new type 2.
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

bike weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    I've never read how one vendors' 142x12 hub only works with some axle mount specs, so I think for the wheels build you are fine.

The piece you'd be missing would be the axle/nut assembly - which I think is a Shimano part by-spec. I'm 95% sure you'd need the SM-AX75 part such as off this page...

Universal Cycles -- Shimano Thru-Axles & Parts

.. not having needed to buy one prevents me from knowing that last 5%, but if I had to spend my money to put something together that is what I would get.
    You can make it 100%. That's what I bought and installed last week

mtbr member
    May 2012

Bottom braket spacers on SB-95

I just picked up a SB-95 with the XT build kit (3x10). I'm building it up myself, which I have done with other bikes. I prefer it. I might be up late building it up after the kids go to bed...
    I have not started it yet. At first glance it seems like there are 4 spacers included with the BB and a ring that came taped to the BB shell on the frame. That seems like a lot especially with a 73mm shell. Do they all go on?

Seems like you've got to get the ft derailleur adjusted before you put the cranks on.

Any other things to be aware of with this build?

Super excited to get out their. Luckily the trails are wet otherwise I'd be going crazy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    JoNYC- it's my understanding they are a challenge to fit properly. I actually had my local Yeti dealer install. It was the first SB-95 they had seen and didn't comment on what it took for proper install.

mtbr member
    Birdymkr - thanks. I'll post it once I'm able to install it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidde View Post
    At first glance it seems like there are 4 spacers included with the BB and a ring that came taped to the BB shell on the frame. That seems like a lot especially with a 73mm shell. Do they all go on?
    You need that ring taped to the bb shell plus one 2.5mm spacer on the drive side.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I was confused about this as well. I got an XT BB and had the ring and one 2.5mm spacer on the drive side. I took off the spacer however, so that it would measure 73mm between the cups. Is that the goal or does this not matter?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Thanks Dogboy for your clear post.

VVV
    Last edited by bear; 06-26-2012 at 09:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29erTim View Post
    I was confused about this as well. I got an XT BB and had the ring and one 2.5mm spacer on the drive side. I took off the spacer however, so that it would measure 73mm between the cups. Is that the goal or does this not matter?
    The BB shell on the SB95 is 73mm WITH the blank (black alloy ring that covers the splined interface on the drive side) or ISCG mount installed. You then use the 2.5mm spacer (on Shimano, Race Face, FSA) on the drive side for proper installation. Not using the blank or ISCG mount will yield a BB shell width less than 73mm.

bike weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNyC View Post
    Birdymkr - did you have to do any modification mounting your E13 chainguide? Im trying to do a 1x setup but some folks are saying you have to do some modifications for the fitting and alignment - thnx
    Not sure which version you are using, but I had issues with the 1X guide that was supposed to bolt onto where the derailleur attaches (it was an MRP). I had no issue once I switched to one that attached at the BB (used an e13).

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    The BB shell on the SB95 is 73mm WITH the blank (black alloy ring that covers the splined interface on the drive side) or ISCG mount installed. You then use the 2.5mm spacer (on Shimano, Race Face, FSA) on the drive side for proper installation. Not using the blank or ISCG mount will yield a BB shell width less than 73mm.
    Dogboy, thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

mtbr member
    RWGreen - thank you for the heads up. Im still debating but I'm looking into the G2 micro MRP. But hesitant because unsure if it will mount properly. Thinking of the iscg05 adaptor. Did you have to use one with your Ethirteen.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    FWIW, I used the ISCG-5 adapter to mount a MRP XCG and it was aligned perfectly for my 3x crankset.

It came with mount spacers to adjust a bit for the different chain-line of the 2x cranksets (3x == 50mm, 2x == 48mm IIRC).

bike weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by JoNyC View Post
    RWGreen - thank you for the heads up. Im still debating but I'm looking into the G2 micro MRP. But hesitant because unsure if it will mount properly. Thinking of the iscg05 adaptor. Did you have to use one with your Ethirteen.
    If you don't need the bash guard and extra roller on the bottom - you can use this (which is what I'm now using):
    e*thirteen components
    edit: to answer your question - no adapter necessary.

I tried this one and it didn't fit in the "e-mount" version:
    Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | Shop
    The bottom bracket version of this should work though.

As bear noted, you can get the iscg adapter and run just about anything, like this:
    Mountain Racing Products home of MRP, White Brothers, Kreitler, Tamer, and Power Grips | Shop

I have one of these g2 MRP guides also, but decided not to run it. It's a bit overkill for my riding, and weighs over 100g more than the simple e13 guide. Check which chainring size you plan to run and be sure you get the right version if you go this way.

mtbr member
    I rode mine for the first time this morning and man does it shread all around! I honestly don't think I've felt more confident descending.

Size XL
    Enve AM 29er wheels
    2013 Fox CTD Rear Shock and Talas 34 140 CTD. I'm glad I got the Talas
    King headset
    Easton Haven 70mm Stem and Havoc Carbon Bar cut to 730mm
    Avid X.0 Trail brakes
    SRAM X.0 Type 2 rear der, XX front der, XX shifters, X.0 crank with 24/38 rings
    Crank Bros Kronolog post
    WTB Volt Ti saddle
    2.25 Nobby Nic front tire 2.25 Racing Ralph rear tire
    XTR Trail pedals

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    "2013 float ctd" - lucky bastid

Not sure it's THAT much difference that I'd notice it, but it'd be nice to have a matching set.

mtbr member
    To those with TALAS and DP Airs...

What a different ride in "short travel" vs. "long travel." Factor in a dropper post to really highlight the bike's gravity inclinations.

It's like I almost have two bikes... this is the best bike i've ever ridden!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
    I rode mine for the first time this morning and man does it shread all around! I honestly don't think I've felt more confident descending.
    more pics please

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Nice build. What weight you got? J

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post

Size XL
    Enve AM 29er wheels
    2013 Fox CTD Rear Shock and Talas 34 140 CTD. I'm glad I got the Talas
    King headset
    Easton Haven 70mm Stem and Havoc Carbon Bar cut to 730mm
    Avid X.0 Trail brakes
    SRAM X.0 Type 2 rear der, XX front der, XX shifters, X.0 crank with 24/38 rings
    Crank Bros Kronolog post
    WTB Volt Ti saddle
    2.25 Nobby Nic front tire 2.25 Racing Ralph rear tire
    XTR Trail pedals

Interested to know how the kronolog seat post performs in the long run, but what are your initial impressions with it so far?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    more pics please
    I'll post some soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymorr View Post
    Nice build. What weight you got? J
    Thanks. It's 29.9 lbs. A little heavier than I was hoping for but the XL size isn't helping things.

Quote Originally Posted by billyballa33 View Post
    Interested to know how the kronolog seat post performs in the long run, but what are your initial impressions with it so far?
    I had it on a bike before this for a while and so far so good. I have one friend that has used his a ton with great durability, another that a very wet trip to Canada pretty much rendered it useless until he completely cleaned it out.

RPG
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Could someone chime in as to what the weight is for the complete sb95 weight with the XTR build kit? Looking to pick one up, but curious about the total weight. thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    more pics please
    Just one more, I have several more rides on it though and we're getting well acquainted

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast