Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for input. I'll go with the Float 34 140mm. I tested a Tallboy LT over the weekend with the nee 140 and really liked it. Can't wait to get my Yeti built up!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by RWGreen View Post
    Quick question on the 142mmx12mm rear option. Is this the correct part to order: e-Business
    I believe so, looks just like what's on my frame.

Quote Originally Posted by RWGreen View Post
    Also - I've seen the posts indicating which shimano (damn near impossible to find) QR is required.
    Universal appears to have the axle in stock ...

Universal Cycles -- Shimano Thru-Axles & Parts

mtbr member
    Is this thru axle only for use with the stock wheels? I mean, if I get a new set of wheels (Flows/King Hubs, as an example), do I need to get a separate axle, or do most hubs come with a thru axle? Just confused as to whether this specific thru axle must be purchased, regardless of what wheel upgrades one makes.

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic Skeptic View Post
    Is this thru axle only for use with the stock wheels? I mean, if I get a new set of wheels (Flows/King Hubs, as an example), do I need to get a separate axle, or do most hubs come with a thru axle? Just confused as to whether this specific thru axle must be purchased, regardless of what wheel upgrades one makes.
    The 12x142 is a standard that all hubs that adhere to that standard will work with.

Not sure if hubs do or do not come with the thru-axle. I do know they have been in short supply since their launch.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bacon Jr View Post
    The 12x142 is a standard that all hubs that adhere to that standard will work with.

Not sure if hubs do or do not come with the thru-axle. I do know they have been in short supply since their launch.
    Ah, okay. Thanks MBJ. I guess I'll know when I get the wheels, and either have a thru axle, or not. Or maybe I can hit up Universal Cycles and ask if the TA comes with the King/Hope hubs.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic Skeptic View Post
    Ah, okay. Thanks MBJ. I guess I'll know when I get the wheels, and either have a thru axle, or not. Or maybe I can hit up Universal Cycles and ask if the TA comes with the King/Hope hubs.
    I am about 95% sure you would NOT get a thru-axle with the hubs, as the interface to the frame drop-outs varies a little for the axle (syntace type, shimano type, ...) whereas the axle diameter (12mm) and drop-out-inner-gap (142) is consistent thus allowing cross-vendor hub compatibility.

Were I in your shoes I'd go ahead and order an axle from Universal ... and take the bet that there is a 5% chance I'd need to try to do a return/exchange.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Wow guys, great lookin bikes!! This bike is actually converting me from 26er to 29er. This frame is so sexy and i have to have it! lol

Once my sworks enduro frame sells I'm going to be placing an order for a black sb95.

I havent yet decided on float 120/140, talas or revelation yet... but im leaning towards a 120 float (in black if i can find it)

My current bike is only 6 months old and completely custom so i'm going to be reusing all of the parts off ot it other than rims/frame/fork.

Going with thomson stem, thomson seatpost
    truvativ noir crankset
    x0 rear derailleur, x9 shifters, x0 front drailleur (3x9)
    elixir cr brakes
    stans flows on hope hubs
    easton carbon bars
    oury grips
    and prolly some platforms or i might use my clip ins.
    Would like to do a Hope headset.. and hopefully get one that doesnt have much overlap.. might even get a loaded headset.

Anyways, will definitely post pics of the buildup. Any problems with my build idea, let me know!
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

French Yétifan
    SB95 by Tribe Sport Group in France

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    ben: very sexy. almost sexier than your avatar. unrelated: 7" or 8" brake rotors? I'm believing an 8" would fit the frame but haven't bothered to try it out.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I've seen some great bikes on here and I can't wait to get mine put together and dialed in. I have a question a bit off subject, and that is: what tool do I need for tightening the 2 axles/bolts that hold the rear triangle onto the front triangle on the SB95? Mine are snugged up, but they could be tighter. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well, had back surgery today, so I'm out for 6 weeks. Good news is that I sold my old frame so I'm ready to buy the yeti. Going with 34mm 140 talas. I can't wait!!!!!! This frame is so intense. How's the chain growth for the people who have ridden it so far? Not many people in tx have even heard of yeti, I'm ready to represent!
    2013 Ibis Mojo HD Special Blend with dropper post, hope/stans wheelset and hope x2/m4 brakes

mtbr member
    Got my SB95 built and took her out yesterday for a quick Pisgah shakedown in North Mills RIver...

Here are the final specs:
    SB95 Large Black frameset w/12x142, stock RP23 w/Kashima
    SRAM X-O 2x10 groupset
    RS Revelation 140/110 Dual Position Air w/RCT3
    RS Reverb 100mm Dropper
    I9 Wheels - Gold EN Hubs, Pewter Spokes w/8 Blue at the valve, Arch EX
    Schwable Hans Dampf Front, 2.35, Nobby Nic Rear, 2.25
    Cane Creek 110 Blue w/Gold interlock spacer
    Thomson 50mm stem
    Whiskey Parts Co. 740mm Carbon Riser Bar
    XT Pedals

29.29 lbs w/o pedals.
    Sorry about the crappy phone pic image.. you get the idea!

https://picasaweb.google.com/110901176476355018002/SB#
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SB 95 Build Thread?-photo-65.jpg  

Last edited by SketchyD; 06-23-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Tim - the manual has torque specs and tool lists. Do not over torque. I think they say to use loc tite or assembly grease, can't remember.

Roots - Chain growth not an issue far as I can tell - I have about 250 trail miles on mine and have never noticed it as a factor. I never feel the bike working while pedaling - and I have pedaled through some real chunky stuff here in PA.

Sent from my brain using neurons fueled by caffeine

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Ok, thanks Bear. I'll check it out.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'll play-just picked up last night:SB 95 Build Thread?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340464525.738734.jpg
    Here are the specs:
    SB95 Large Black frameset
    XTR brakes
    XTR shifters
    XTR Shadow Plus rear D
    XT cranks
    EThirteen chainguide (32t)
    Fox 34 Talas (2013)
    RS Reverb 100mm Dropper
    Easton Haven wheelset
    Schwable Rocket Ron
    Cane Creek 110 Blue
    Twenty6 50mm stem
    Easton XC carbon low rise

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Is there an option for 12x142 thru axle on the sb95? All the pics I'm seeing are 10mm qr dropouts.

mtbr member
    I get to ride one of these tomorrow! PUMPED!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Roots - most of what you are seeing is 12x142. Has QR axle. HOWEVER it uses the Yeti "chip" system and is convertible. Mine came with both chip sets (and end caps for the hub), with the 12x142 installed.

Sent from my brain using neurons fueled by caffeine

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    Not many people in tx have even heard of yeti, I'm ready to represent!
    My brother in Dallas has an SB95, a Big Top, and a 25th anniversary 575!
    Calvin

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Bear, yours came with the chip system???? I am ticked!! I called Yeti and my LBS where I bought it from and they both said those are sold separately and are not included in the original package....and I was one of the ones who pre-ordered it and was one of them that got it on the first shipment. I will have to investigate.....

mtbr member
    If one purchases a complete with the Race build or higher, it comes with the 12x142. I purchased a frame (135) only, but specified a separate 12x142 come with the frame.

So if you got the Enduro or RS/Sun build or a frameset, the 10x135 would be proper spec from the factory.

If not...

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadder View Post
    Bear, yours came with the chip system???? I am ticked!! I called Yeti and my LBS where I bought it from and they both said those are sold separately and are not included in the original package....and I was one of the ones who pre-ordered it and was one of them that got it on the first shipment. I will have to investigate.....
    I'll take luck over planning any day of the week, and maybe it was an evolution of their production line - mine definitely being a later shipment.

Sorry for your frustration though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    This "chip" set, googled it and it says it only works with the dtswiss wheel set? I've got a Stan's/hope setup that I was planning on using, would it work?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRoots View Post
    This "chip" set, googled it and it says it only works with the dtswiss wheel set? I've got a Stan's/hope setup that I was planning on using, would it work?
    I've never read how one vendors' 142x12 hub only works with some axle mount specs, so I think for the wheels build you are fine.

The piece you'd be missing would be the axle/nut assembly - which I think is a Shimano part by-spec. I'm 95% sure you'd need the SM-AX75 part such as off this page...

Universal Cycles -- Shimano Thru-Axles & Parts

.. not having needed to buy one prevents me from knowing that last 5%, but if I had to spend my money to put something together that is what I would get.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    2012 Yeti Shimano Chip Kit Images - Competitive Cyclist

Ahhhh makes sense now that I can see it, thanks bear.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast