Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 364
  1. #226
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti575inCA View Post
    how do you like that chain guide? thinking of adding one to my 575
    FWIW, I have had a bionicon guide on my '95 since day 1 and it's been great.

    BUT,

    I spent a day of moderate DH at Burke Mtn in VT (next to/part-of Kingdom Trails) doing lift-served riding on their lower trails and by the end of the day I had managed to destroy the mount - the plastic bit that runs through the aluminum part next to the stay. Replacing it with a metal bit would yield a more durable component I think.

    Good thing for spares though.

  2. #227
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,947
    Did you run it a 3rd zip tie securing it at the middle point? The included zip ties didn't fit around the massive Yeti stays, so I sourced one later for it. I heard the guide broke there, from looking up reviews on it, and mine came with an additional manual that directs you to put a zip tie there.

    Edit: wow, I should really preview my posts in the mornings.

  3. #228
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,349
    No, that installation didn't - but the current installation does.

    +1 for RTFM (don't recall if my original had the extra page in it saying so, could have, don't know)

  4. #229
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,146
    Well Im back! Yep its been awhile.....I bought my first Yeti in 89' I was 15 and worked for 6 months as a ranch hand to buy a sweet black FRO frame. Swapped all my Hardrock parts over threw on some BullsEye cranks and rode that thing like it was stolen for years before the full suspension bug took over. Anyway here is my new whip.

    Large
    Its a race build with a few mods.
    Havoc bars (29.5")
    Straitline stem (35mm)
    GD 5" post
    WTB pure SVT saddle
    XTR trail brakes
    XTR pods and rear plus der.
    BBG bash ring
    Straitline Pedals (machine tuned)
    RR 2.4 front and 2.25 rear
    XX cassette

    So its floats between 30 and 29.XXX on my dig scale

    Plan on running the wheels till they are square then....?

    I know Im preaching to the choir but he bike rips! Coming off a Evo Stumpy, the bike snaps under pedal and the geo is spot on. Feels lighter then it is and comes alive when it things get rowdy. I need to tune the rear shock to make it a bit more progressive and I miss the top side mounted bottle cage. So far so good.....and so good to be back on a Black Yeti.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SB 95 Build Thread?-img_2088.jpeg  

    Enjoy every ride!

  5. #230
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Simplemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by m-dub View Post
    Well Im back! Yep its been awhile.....I bought my first Yeti in 89' I was 15 and worked for 6 months as a ranch hand to buy a sweet black FRO frame. Swapped all my Hardrock parts over threw on some BullsEye cranks and rode that thing like it was stolen for years before the full suspension bug took over. Anyway here is my new whip.

    Large
    Its a race build with a few mods.
    Havoc bars (29.5")
    Straitline stem (35mm)
    GD 5" post
    WTB pure SVT saddle
    XTR trail brakes
    XTR pods and rear plus der.
    BBG bash ring
    Straitline Pedals (machine tuned)
    RR 2.4 front and 2.25 rear
    XX cassette

    So its floats between 30 and 29.XXX on my dig scale:
    Are you running a 1X10? If so can you provide details?

  6. #231
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,146
    Nope Its 2X ( well really 3X with the stops dialed in and a bash ring in place of the big ring) Had plans to run 1X and may still but have a few big climbs that just kill the legs and have me begging for that granny.
    Last edited by m-dub; 10-23-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Enjoy every ride!

  7. #232
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dogboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,141
    Fall fun on the 95. This bike rips!


  8. #233
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,349
    Nice stuff "dog" !

  9. #234
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ktm520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,275
    I should have my frame by the end of the week. For the initial build, I'm stripping most of the parts off my Spearfish and the SS will donate it's crank. The rest is odds and ends I have laying around. Not sure what I will end up with for a fork or crank. Looking at an AKA 2.2 crank (1x w/bling ring or 2x w/ 24/36 rings) and would like to end up with a Lefty supermax fork.

    Reba XX qr fork
    Old Raceface evolve crank w/ 32t ring
    e13 xcx guide E2/S3 mount
    x9 type 2 der
    x0 gripshift
    1050 cassette
    mt4 brakes
    Truvativ T30 seatpost
    Silverado seat
    60mm stem
    29" bars
    light-bicycle 30mm carbon rims
    dt 350 rear hub

  10. #235
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ktm520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,275



    28.1 lbs as pictured. Only got about 3hrs on it so far and I'm still getting the suspension dialed, but I'm really impressed with the rear suspension. Wish the shock had a few more clicks of rebound on the fast end. Initially, not overly impressed with the CTD shock. Hopefully it grows on me. The e13 e-type guide works really well. The shims it comes with aren't the greatest but I had some washers laying around that did the trick.

  11. #236
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sasquatch29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    33
    I'm blogging my Yeti SB95 build on Google's Blogspot. So far so good; now I'm waiting on DT Swiss straight pull spokes to go with my Arch ZTR rims.

    sasquatch29er.blogspot.com

  12. #237
    Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Reputation: bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,349
    cool sasquatch.

  13. #238
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    468
    Well I bought mine pretty much the way I wanted with the full XT setup but I did change a couple things.

    - Stan's Flow EX wheel sets
    - Selle SMP Plus seat
    - VP 69 flats

    I've been riding it around town due to wet trails.



    Rode it up our 8 story garage today...nice hill exercise.

    Last edited by 50calray; 01-15-2013 at 05:08 PM.

  14. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch29 View Post
    I'm blogging my Yeti SB95 build on Google's Blogspot. So far so good; now I'm waiting on DT Swiss straight pull spokes to go with my Arch ZTR rims.

    sasquatch29er.blogspot.com
    Nice attention to assembly details

  15. #240
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stumpy_Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,343
    Looking to buy a large SB-95, ideally x9 or xt kit, preferably black. Please let me know if you come across one or find that it's not the perfect fit for your riding or local trails! The large blacks sold out too quickly when Yeti began discounting to their online dealers...

  16. #241
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    57
    Check with Cadence Cyclery in McKinney, TX. I know they had one for awhile. It was an XT build. Last time I went there, they still had one. I don't know where you are located, but they may ship!!! Good luck!!

  17. #242
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadder View Post
    Check with Cadence Cyclery in McKinney, TX. I know they had one for awhile. It was an XT build. Last time I went there, they still had one. I don't know where you are located, but they may ship!!! Good luck!!
    Hum...they used to have one but it was recently sold to some guy in Dallas

  18. #243
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11

    I need help!

    I'm having difficulty getting my 2013 fox fork tightend up securely into the zero stack Chris King headset on my 2012 SB95. There is a small bit of slop that I can't get out. It feels like the star nut slips too easily, and I am unable to compress the headset together enough? Anyone have any problems with this or any ideas? Thanks, T.
    Cholla Pin Cushion

  19. #244
    Lucky...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy_Steve View Post
    Looking to buy a large SB-95, ideally x9 or xt kit, preferably black. Please let me know if you come across one or find that it's not the perfect fit for your riding or local trails! The large blacks sold out too quickly when Yeti began discounting to their online dealers...
    Call Mark at University Cycles here in Austin- think I saw a large on the floor when I was there earlier today.
    Yeti SB-95a Black

  20. #245
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by 29erTim View Post
    I'm having difficulty getting my 2013 fox fork tightend up securely into the zero stack Chris King headset on my 2012 SB95. There is a small bit of slop that I can't get out. It feels like the star nut slips too easily, and I am unable to compress the headset together enough? Anyone have any problems with this or any ideas? Thanks, T.
    Although it's possible, a properly set star nut really shouldn't slip. Those things have industrial applications with much greater demands than tightening down a headset!

    More likely (from easiest to most complicated):

    1. grease the steertube on your fork, and loosen the stem bolts out ALL the way before installing. It's possible that your stem is snug enough that you can't slam it down all the way without loosening it more.
    2. Add a spacer. You might not be running enough space above the cut on your steertube, and when your cap bottom against the stem, there's still play.
    3. improperly seated headset. Pull, grease, and re-press.
    4. Improperly reemed/faced headtube or tolerance problem with your headset. Given that it's a King (and those guys are tight-tolerance nuts), a potential defect (even a little errant paint!) inside the headtube is more likely.

    Good luck!
    Keith in Corvallis

    Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

  21. #246
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11
    Thank you Oregon SS. I'll try suggestion #2, as it is most likey with my setup. T
    Cholla Pin Cushion

  22. #247
    Trail Ninja
    Reputation: Varaxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,947
    I'm interested in hearing what fixes it, other than buying new parts. I had the issue on a stock '10 Giant Reign X0. I rode it and forgot about it until the guy who came over and bought it noticed it. Only really noticed it rolling it on its back tire, with the front wheel off the ground, and purposely trying to jiggle/rock the steerer. When I brought it to a LBS, the issue remained, was told it wasn't a problem and is ridable, and I was short $20 for a headset adjust and some shop employee might have thought the steerer cap was cool, and apparently replaced it with some generic Giant one.

  23. #248
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11
    Well, I feel silly. I put on a taller spacer and was able to get the headset compressed and the play out of the headset. It took about 2 minutes. Thanks OregonSS.
    Cholla Pin Cushion

  24. #249
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by 29erTim View Post
    Well, I feel silly. I put on a taller spacer and was able to get the headset compressed and the play out of the headset. It took about 2 minutes. Thanks OregonSS.
    You're not the only one...I had the same issue for about a week with my mukluk before I figured it out haha. The cap was bottoming out on the steerer tube before it tightened up the headset....simple fix though!

  25. #250
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by 29erTim View Post
    Well, I feel silly. I put on a taller spacer and was able to get the headset compressed and the play out of the headset. It took about 2 minutes. Thanks OregonSS.
    Glad it worked! Even if there is visible space above the top of the steer tube, there seems to be this narrow window of just enough space where you think you have it tight enough, but just barely bottom out the cap (learned this one from experience on my SIR).
    Keith in Corvallis

    Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •