Thread: SB-6b

mtbr member

SB-6b

29rs are too big for me, so I'd like to see Yeti branch outward a little more. While SB-66 would be awesome, I'll have to ride my 575 for a while because they're too similar and what I have rocks for now.

Maybe they'll swing a SB-6b within the next year or so?

The other forum is all about retrofitting current bikes, like the Mojo HD, or using current forks or anticipating 650b forks that are up and coming.

Wonder if there are any rumors specific to Yeti....

Mr. Knowitall
    650b is a niche "standard", with few available components and little impact, so I do not see why Yeti would even think about it. Why are 29-ers too big for you? I know people around 170cm riding 29-er without problems, and actually swear by them. Hey, tiny Willow Koerber rides 29-ers.

mtbr member
    Non sequitor why 29 isn't good enough -- preference is the word on the street.

29 was also niche standard with "......" For many, the jump from 26 to 29 is unreasonable, uncomfortable, impractical. In hindsight, when a few companies started producing 29 most people were skeptical. Only now do a good number of riders swear by them.

If other manu (frame + components) will produce for the market, in my mind no reason yeti might not do a test run. The more, the merrier. I would wager that they are in fact thinking about it. By comparison, look at Ford now producing small hybrids, who woulda thunk?

Maybe a non-issue for some, but at least worth pondering.