mtbr member
    Jan 2009

sb-66 should I do it

So I am strongly leaning towards selling my beloved car that I have spend a lot of time and money building. The car is a second car and just a hobby.

I have been riding a lot for the past year (4-6 days a week) on a 08 Ironhorse MKIII and have really enjoyed the bike but I have found that there are limitations on what I can do to the bike in regards to upgrades especially since Ironhorse went under. I have a spare rear triangle and dw link in case of any bad welds.

What advice would you fellow forumers on if I should go ahead and upgrade or sit on what I have for a while?

Another reason would be upgrading to 18" from 17"

Thanks for any advice

mtbr member
    I say do it! You won't regret riding the SB and your health will thank you!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You will be amazed at how efficiently and well planted the bike is during climbs and it's every bit of the bike the 575 is when pointed south. Go for it if you have the scratch. If you hate it you will have no problem unloading it.

Tejas

26 for life.
    Not before I get mine. Ordered 6 months ago now, I'm going to have fix up my MkIII until January.
    Sent from the future to destroy the past.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Bonking ... not feelin' well

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie D View Post
    So I am strongly leaning towards selling my beloved car that I have spend a lot of time and money building. The car is a second car and just a hobby.

I have been riding a lot for the past year (4-6 days a week) on a 08 Ironhorse MKIII and have really enjoyed the bike but I have found that there are limitations on what I can do to the bike in regards to upgrades especially since Ironhorse went under. I have a spare rear triangle and dw link in case of any bad welds.

What advice would you fellow forumers on if I should go ahead and upgrade or sit on what I have for a while?

Another reason would be upgrading to 18" from 17"

Thanks for any advice
    Would you be willing to sell the spare rear triangle? I have a '07 MKIII and just found the right chainstay cracked near the dropout

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by slimshady76 View Post
    Would you be willing to sell the spare rear triangle? I have a '07 MKIII and just found the right chainstay cracked near the dropout
    Sorry about you situation and sorry but I cannot part with it, I need to have a backup just in case and I doubt I will be able to find another one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Don't worry, I know how you feel about the rear triangle. I'll keep searching.

Have a happy new year!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie D View Post

Your decision depends on what kind of car it is.
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    put the car behind you. The SB66 will give you plenty of opportunity to tinker, and the joy of riding will be a greater buzz than the car will provide.

Do it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic View Post
    Your decision depends on what kind of car it is.
    It is a turbo 240sx that is 400bhp, I have 4 cars right now so it makes sense to move on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sell 2 cars, build the bike exactly how you think you want it and don't look back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Do it, sick bike!!!
    Lynn Woods
    JRA cycles
    YETI cycles.com