mtbr member

SB 66 and light freeride?

I've been looking for an upgrade to my Mojo SL frame. Mainly for the purpose of being able to do a little bit more light freeride. Right now I'm comfortable doing 4-5foot drops on the mojo. I am wondering how the SB 66holds up on similar terrain and also maybe a little bit bigger.
    Last edited by hani1; 12-19-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Mr. Knowitall
    From my point of view, you should be able to do the same stuff as your Mojo SL on the SB-66, as it is way burlier than the Mojo in most senses. I sold my DH bike as I did (almost) all the lines on my SB-66 as on my big bike.

Lucky...
    Apr 2008
    When I first read the title of the thread, I was sure you were asking if SB-66s would let you see in the dark....
    Yeti SB-95a Black

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    The SB66 with a DHX-RC4 is money. I open up the high speed and add a touch of bottom out control and it performs great. It's silly how versatile this frame is. Coil shock and 160mm forks is a perfect aggressive set up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    From my point of view, you should be able to do the same stuff as your Mojo SL on the SB-66, as it is way burlier than the Mojo in most senses. I sold my DH bike as I did (almost) all the lines on my SB-66 as on my big bike.
    I guess I possed the question wrong I do assume the SB66 will handle everything I ride on the Mojo SL. The real question is how does it handle the stuff that most people would ride with 6.5-7" travel bike. Thanks for the input.

Int'l Sales Mgr. - Yeti
    I've ridden my 66A at several different bike parks all over the world, and it's fantastic for that stuff. Don't let the 6" of travel fool you into thinking it's just another all-mountain bike. Because you actually use all of your travel, it rides a lot like many 7" bikes out there. It'll handle the riding you describe just fine.
    Yeti Cycles// Ride Driven

Please Email rather than PM: johnp AT yeticycles DOT com

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Shoot John. I figured you would have been on a 66C by now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Will handle everything the Mojo SL can easily.

Sold my downhill bike due to lack of use after getting the Yeti.

36 VanR up front and a Push Van RC at the rear, it actually climbs better after getting rid of the POS RP23.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by John P. View Post
    Don't let the 6" of travel fool you into thinking it's just another all-mountain bike. Because you actually use all of your travel, it rides a lot like many 7" bikes out there. It'll handle the riding you describe just fine.
    I agree with that ... that's why I sold my Intense uzzi and .... bought Yeti SB66

Mr. Knowitall
    One secret to mine for the DH stuff is:
    Rock Shox Vivid Air Low tune. Way lighter than a coil. Plush and controlled damping. 10000 times better than DHX Air and a lot better than the RP23. It was heaps of difference on the downhill parts, and no downsides on the uphill parts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hssp View Post
    One secret to mine for the DH stuff is:
    Rock Shox Vivid Air Low tune. Way lighter than a coil. Plush and controlled damping. 10000 times better than DHX Air and a lot better than the RP23. It was heaps of difference on the downhill parts, and no downsides on the uphill parts.
    I've heard great things about the Vivid Air and the adjustability it gives you. I swap a bit between a CTD and a DHX RC4 and it sounds like the Vivid gives the best of both worlds. I have the RC4 so dialed now it would be hard for me to make the switch though. The coil spring, bottom out control and air pressure adjust makes it feel bottomless. It's still tempting and if I had to do it all over again I would surely go the Vivid route.