mtbr member
    May 2005

SB 66 frame size recommendations

The SB 66 is at the top of my list for new frames. I am unable to find a shop that has Yeti's in stock so I came here for help.
    I'm 6' 1.5" 35" inseam. Currently on a Ventana El Chamuco Large frame, 70 mm 0 deg stem. I feel cramped on the Ventana with the 70. There seems to be a good inventory of XL 66's. I like the stability of the longer frames but don't want to be too stretched out.
    Do I pull the trigger on the XL and fine tune with stem length and seat position?
    "Dubstep doesn't make viewers want to ride: it makes them want to take bath salts and F*** up a 7-11"

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Tough call.

If you were happy with the El Cham fit I'd say go for the L Yeti instead of the XL, but since you say you feel cramped I want to advocate the XL Yeti.

Near as I can find out the El Cham has an ETT of 24.3" - compared to 25.5" for the L Yeti or 25.9 for the XL. If the stock stem on the Yeti is 70mm (don't know what it is) that extra inch of top tube may be enough to make you comfortable ... I guess it depends on HOW cramped you feel.

But, with the XL yeti being only .7" longer than the L I'd think that'd be the better buy for you, because you definitely don't want to go LONGER than stock stem if you really don't have to, but going shorter doesn't seem to be problem - there are people very happy out there with 50's and shorter on those bikes.

{shrug}

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I am 6'1" and the Large with a 50mm stem feels perfect to me.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    The XL should be good and leave some room for fine tuning the fit. I
    "Dubstep doesn't make viewers want to ride: it makes them want to take bath salts and F*** up a 7-11"

mtbr member
    I'd say you're squarely in the size large and the XL is gonna be huge. It may work with a super short (35mm) stem.

mtbr member
    I'd go for the large and consider a wider bar to help address the fit. The stock bar's width isn't ideally suited to the bike, IMHO.

I'm 6'1 and run a Large with a 50mm stem and a Havoc bar at 750mm. If anything, I'm going to move to a slightly shorter stem this season.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Re: SB 66 frame size recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    I'd say you're squarely in the size large and the XL is gonna be huge. It may work with a super short (35mm) stem.
    Agreed. It's not just the fit. The bigger wheelbase will make it harder to navigate the tight stuff. The Yeti is already considered a long frame, and it's not like you're between sizes, you're squarely in the L.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Great points. May have to pass on the Yeti SB66. Killer deals for the large are hard to find. Thanks