Thread: Saddle

Positive Vibe Technician

Saddle

need new saddle - sore ass! was thinking of a brooks or a finik? does anyone have any suggestions on these? any other thoughts?
    If you are gunna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

Young, Shawn Young
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanerPVT
    need new saddle - sore ass! was thinking of a brooks or a finik? does anyone have any suggestions on these? any other thoughts?
    Im assuming you meant fizik. word of caution: The fizik is a nice saddle to be sure but it is narrow. I bought one and after one ride its in back in storage. I put my wtb laser back on and have been happy since,

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

mtbr member

What do you have now

Quote Originally Posted by ShanerPVT
    I have Terry Fly Ti on my HT which is great and more old school and WTB Rocket (or laser V) Ti on my Yeti which is comfy too. I think you may like the Terry better and they go on sales at performance frome time to time.

mtbr member
    May 2006

comfy perch

Hi,
    I've had dozens of saddles and I have to say the Fizik Gobi is the best I have ever used.
    Chaser

mtbr member

Love channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser
    Hi,
    I've had dozens of saddles and I have to say the Fizik Gobi is the best I have ever used.
    Chaser
    I had a Fizik (not a Gobi) on my original build kit and did not take it since it did not have the love channel which in my experience is a great feature.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yes, I've had a few Fizik saddles and not liked most of them.
    I know there is no 'love channel' but the way the Gobi supports your ass it doesn't seem to be an issue.
    The Gobi also got a 10/10 in a recent MBUK saddle test [I had mine first so was not swayed by the test into buying one.
    Saddles are very personal so I guess it is a case of trial and error until one fits.
    The Gobi reminds me of an old WTB SST 98 but better - it also looks really good on the bike.
    Chaser.