mtbr member

RS Lyrik 2-Step on a Yeti 575?

WOULD THIS WORK?

Or would the 36 be better?

Is 115mm too tall?
    Last edited by slowtwitch; 09-02-2006 at 11:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch
    WOULD THIS WORK?
    Of course, why wouldn't it? Yeti specs the 575 with the 36 Talas, which is also a 160mm fork. They also give geometry numbers for use with a 160mm fork.

Or would the 36 be better?
    Don't know, the Lyrik just came out so its hard to say. They both seem like good forks (refering to the '07 36 Talas) and cost is similar, just depends what features you are looking for.

Is 115mm too tall?
    To tall for what, climbing? I doubt it, I have a 32 Talas on my 575 and rarely adjust the travel lower than 130mm. I only use it because it is there, if it was not then I wouldn't worry about it. On a 160mm fork I would definitely want some kind of adjustment, but as long as it gets below 130 it would be fine for me.

I don't think you could go wrong with either fork. I would like to get one of these for my 575 but don't have anywhere near the kind of funds available that these forks would run me. Maybe next year.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The Lyrik is perfect for the 575!

I just built a 575 carbon for myself and the Lyrik 2 step was too tempting too pass up. I have 3 serious rides on the bike now and the Lyrik has been the best heavy duty trail fork I've ever had. It's rare that I get as psyched about a bike/fork as I am about this one.

Cheers,

Will

www.fullcycles.com
    Anything henryl can do, I can do better!

JDubs alter ego
    Jan 2006
    I saw a Lyrik in person the other day and immediately thought it was way too much fork for the 575, but I'm starting to rethink that. I didn't realize the A/C was so close to the Fox36. The Lyrik is noticeably beefier than the Pike, and to me the Pike at 140mm is about all I ever would want/need on the 575 but for building a more DH/FR 575 the Lyrik is probably a great option.

I'll keep my Pike and hope that the high & low speed compression adjustments and the 2 step air make their way into the Pike lineup.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep
    I just built a 575 carbon for myself and the Lyrik 2 step was too tempting too pass up. I have 3 serious rides on the bike now and the Lyrik has been the best heavy duty trail fork I've ever had. It's rare that I get as psyched about a bike/fork as I am about this one.

Cheers,

Will

www.fullcycles.com

Has there bee any significant climbs in the three rides? If so how did it feel? Was 115 too tall? Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The Lyrik climbs great!

On my first ride I did a pretty brutal 4 hour ride up some very steep switchbacks. The 115 setting makes the front end pretty low--lower than a Vanilla 140 and bike had no problems. Overall it's really well balanced.
    Anything henryl can do, I can do better!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I saw a Lyrik the other day.... road it around for 5 minutes or so.

It was either broken, or they suck. (just my opinion).

I like the 36's....
    I am a yeti addict, 8 in all:
    Currently built:
    ASR-SL, 575, DH9, Road Project, FRO
    Currently in Pieces:
    ASX, Lawill-6,ARC