mtbr member
    Sep 2004

RP3 to DHX-air 575

I'm thinking about changing my rp3 to a DHX-air on my 575. I want to change it mainly because I started jumping more and the dhx has bottom out resistance. I weigh 230 lbs and have read that the dhx is not the best shock for clyd's, due to the amount of air needed in the chamber. Is this shock designed for lighter riders? Are there any clyd's that have this shock? if so how do you like it?. Any info on this shock would be appreciated thanks.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I guess you could try the DHX-air and put an RP3/RP23 sleeve on it, which could help you on running a bit lower pressure. Just a thought...

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    I guess you could try the DHX-air and put an RP3/RP23 sleeve on it, which could help you on running a bit lower pressure. Just a thought...
    thanks but that would be to expensive. I might sell the rp3 frame and just buy one with the DHX.

after searching I read a post where a guy that weighed 195 lbs said that he needed like 275lbs (close to the 300lb limit)l in the dhx chamber to achieve proper sag on the 575,can anyone comment on this,or have any experience with the dhx. Like I said I weigh 230. It would suck to swap frames and not be able to set sag. thanks

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Even if you do get another frame.. the RP3 sleeve trick could be useful, the sleeve is only like $25 or so... it just reduces the air chamber size, which makes it a little less plush, but allows could allow better support at a maybe lower pressure... or so I have heard, check on the turner board.. those guys play a lot with their shocks and sleeve size...