Adobo Lover

RP3-? Clockwise or Counterclockwise for rebound

Good Morning Tribe!!! Just a quick question! When your sitting on your 575 with an RP3, which way increases and decreases the rebound? Clockwise or Counterclockwise in reference when over your bike please. Now, in your experience does making the rebound faster make the bike's tail feel skittish?

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Stumpy-

It's funny that you ask, as I'm currently in the process of getting the rp3 dialed in.

Compared to my last bike's rear shock(swinger 3-way), the rebound on the rp3 doesn't seem to make a huge difference, so I've just been riding in the middle of the 9 clicks.

The manual says that slower=clockwise, and faster rebound=counter clockwise. Keep in mind when you do that, the shock on the 575 is upside down, so turn the dial in relation to the shock.

mtbr member
    Counterclockwise to increase rebound "slower return" Clockwise to make it return faster, a fast rebound setting (when sat on the bike) will make the tail feel skittish and even throw you out of the pedals (if they're flats) IME.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Goog-

That is the opposite of what the Yeti 575 manual says.

mtbr member
    My shock must be on upside down then

mtbr member
    Here's a pic

When sat on the bike Counterclockwise = slower rebound, clockwise = faster rebound.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goog
    When sat on the bike Counterclockwise = slower rebound, clockwise = faster rebound.
    Everybody here is right, just using difference points of reference.

The manual for the RP3 says clockwise for more rebound damping, counterclockwise for less. That applies to the way the shock is mounted in this picture of my bike, when looking at the shock from in front of the bike. The clockwise/counterclockwise instructions apply as if you were look at the shock from underneath on a 575. So when sitting on top, the direction is reversed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    yah, what he said. The rp3 on the 575 is upside down. I think the yeti manual gives it as if you were looking at the dial, not that it is upside down.

mtbr member

EDR
    FWIW I found that in order for my bike to not try and throw me off of the seat when rolling fast undulating singletrack (while staying seated) I must run the rebound at about 2 clicks from full slow. I'm 190 to 195 lbs with gear. When running the rebound anywhere near the middle I find it just way too fast for my riding type and enviroment.