Thread: Rigid Big Top?

mtbr member

Rigid Big Top?

I asked this question in the 29er forum too.

Does anyone run their Big Top with a rigid fork? If so can you recommend a suitable carbon fork with 485/490mm a-c measurement and a tapered steerer?

thanks
    B.O.T.M Winner - www.retrobike.co.uk

WTD: XL Attitude Fuselage

20" Yeti FRO & Accutax to Trade

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    It may be hard to find both the a2c and the steerer, however with a reducing headset you could use a standard 1.125" steerer-equipped fork and at least solve part of the issue.

I had a White Brothers Rock Solid on my Niner MCR for quite a while and liked it, but it's not as tall as you're asking (465mm a2c IIRC).

mtbr member
    Apparently Syncros is correct length. But not tapered steerer or bolt through.

Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Not tapered...but

Niner Bikes | The Big Revolution

Tapered, but short a2c:

On-One Carbon 29er Race Fork / Black/Red / 9 mm QR / 1 1/8" 1.5" Tapered 249.99

I'd get a King headset and put a devolution baseplate on.

Baseplates | Chris King Precision Components
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

www.yeticycles.com

Ride with me in NZ
    Nov 2005
    Sift through the thread on Chinese Carbon 29ers in the 29er forum. Not sure of a2c lengths but people have noted it down in their posts. Plenty of rigid carbon, tapered steerer 29er forks there. There is even a 15mm thru axle version in one of the photos near the end of the thread (about page 90 at this point)

Also, if you are just needing an extra few mm in a2c length, then maybe use a Chris King headset with an extension base plate. Think they come in +5mm and +10mm from memory
    Last edited by theturquoisewarrior; 02-13-2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: extra stuff
    I used to be fast....sort of..........kinda

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theturquoisewarrior View Post
    Sift through the thread on Chinese Carbon 29ers in the 29er forum. Not sure of a2c lengths but people have noted it down in their posts. Plenty of rigid carbon, tapered steerer 29er forks there. There is even a 15mm thru axle version in one of the photos near the end of the thread (about page 90 at this point)

Also, if you are just needing an extra few mm in a2c length, then maybe use a Chris King headset with an extension base plate. Think they come in +5mm and +10mm from memory
    thanks dude