mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Push-ed shock on 5C?

Anybody here had the shock on their 5 Pushed? My shock is in need of a rebuild, so was thinking of sending it in, and also considering getting it custom tuned. Heard of nothing but good things, but just wondering about any specifics with regard to the 5. I'm hoping to get it tuned more for someone my size (around 200 lbs), and to address a some minor issues I was having. Is the "big hit kit" overkill for someone who is not hucking etc.?

mtbr member
    The Big Hit kit definitely isn't overkill. What minor issues are you having? The Big Hit kit is their full rebuild and tuning service plus a custom bottom out bumper. The bumper protects the shock from harsh bottoming, but will also aid in bottoming resistance by adding a slight progressiveness at the end of the stroke (helping it feel a bit more bottomless). This definitely doesn't change the characteristic or "feel" of the bike, just enhances the performance of the bike in regards to how you may ride the bike.
    Maintain internal heights.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nixgame22 View Post
    The Big Hit kit definitely isn't overkill. What minor issues are you having? The Big Hit kit is their full rebuild and tuning service plus a custom bottom out bumper. The bumper protects the shock from harsh bottoming, but will also aid in bottoming resistance by adding a slight progressiveness at the end of the stroke (helping it feel a bit more bottomless). This definitely doesn't change the characteristic or "feel" of the bike, just enhances the performance of the bike in regards to how you may ride the bike.
    Push'd my rp23 with my big hit kit and never been happier