Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I like Monkeys

Pulled the trigger without trying the gun!!

I just pulled the trigger on a 575 enduro without ever trying one out. We don't have a dealer in the area so I went on faith from the comments on this group and elsewhere. I was looking for a good 5-6" travel bike that can climb and from what I've heard this is the one. I've always wanted a yeti since I got into mountain biking about 6 years ago. If I don't like it I'm coming after you guys

I contacted my LBS here in Virginia and he contacted Yeti and although he isn't a dealer they are working it out and I should have one on the way next week. I think the dealer is as excited as I am. He used to own an LBS in Colorado and seems to LOVE yeti's. He actually convinced me to get the bike over other brands he currently carries. He wants to give it a go when it comes in to see if he may want to order one for himself. It sounds like he is considering carrying them if there is enough interest.

I feel like a 45 year old kid at Christmas waiting for the brown Santa.

Any setup tips for the suspension? I'm about 190 kitted out..

VA
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

mtbr member
    I purchased my 575 without a test ride as well. No lbs here either. Came Thursday. Rode all day Sat and Sunday. Could not be happier, you will love it.

Livin' the Dream
    You have no idea what you are in for! It is the best bike I have ever ridden, you are going to love it, guaranteed! How did you set up?

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I also bought mine like that (without trying it I mean), you'll love it!

Bomber
    Same as me! Who needs a heckler any ways...

mtbr member
    Same here!

Bought my frame without trying, etc.
    Only difference is that i want a Yeti since 1993 or so
    The enthousiastic stories on this forum made me buy it and so far i don't regret it.
    (and I didn't even ride on it so far , due to a problem with my bottom bracket (as posted in this section) wich my LBS hopefully is going to solve next week)

I can fully understand your feelings at the moment

Adobo Lover
    VA, which dealer in VA did you get it from?
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

I like Monkeys
    Bikes Unlimited in Lynchburg. He talked to them on Friday and is actually placing the order today after I gave him the go on Saturday. I hope they have it in stock. I'm going to be out of town during Thanksgiving so I expect I won't see it until early Dec... WAAAHHH

From the Yeti website they say have your local dealer contact them and they can probably get you a bike. Check your LBS first..

Adobo Lover
    Sweet! Congrats! I own a 575 already. I was just curious. I've read about a few people in VA just walking in their LBS and ordering what's not on their LBS's menu.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    I just pulled the trigger on a 575 enduro without ever trying one out. We don't have a dealer in the area so I went on faith from the comments on this group and elsewhere. I was looking for a good 5-6" travel bike that can climb and from what I've heard this is the one. I've always wanted a yeti since I got into mountain biking about 6 years ago. If I don't like it I'm coming after you guys

I contacted my LBS here in Virginia and he contacted Yeti and although he isn't a dealer they are working it out and I should have one on the way next week. I think the dealer is as excited as I am. He used to own an LBS in Colorado and seems to LOVE yeti's. He actually convinced me to get the bike over other brands he currently carries. He wants to give it a go when it comes in to see if he may want to order one for himself. It sounds like he is considering carrying them if there is enough interest.

I feel like a 45 year old kid at Christmas waiting for the brown Santa.

Any setup tips for the suspension? I'm about 190 kitted out..

VA
    Congrats! Share the build out and details.... Did you sub anything on the Enduro or just get the stock build?

If you got the stock build tell your LBS to replace the seatpost collar with a Salsa or Hope so you won't have to put up with the seatpost creeping down.

Setup is pretty easy. Set the sag on the rear shock at 25% with the propedal set to the middle setting. (.5") No more, no less. Too much sag and it may compromise the firm pedaling. Too little sag and you won't get the full benefit of the 5.75" of travel.

Now, go ride. If you have never had a squishy before some things to keep in mind is that you will be able to stay seated more than you used to on a HT. This will help with your endurance level. You will enjoy this bike. It's the best bike I have ever ridden.

I like Monkeys
    I'm going with the stock enduro, I'm planning on using my mavic crossland wheels and my king going into it's third bike. This is my 3rd FS bike, Fuel and stumpy in the past. Loved the fuel for it's climbing ability. Got the stumpy for more travel but I never really liked it for some reason. I'm taking the plunge blind.

BUT I just found out that they won't have any Turquoise until late Dec. So I'm trying to decide whether to wait or change colors. This is the time of year I enjoy riding the most so I'm sortof leaning towards the white..

Who votes for what color? Or wait..

Adobo Lover
    I'm partial to white myself!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    If you decide not to wait I would go with Black or White. Black does not scratch as easily. (assuming that is a factor) Becoming a factor with me -after I put a large scratch on my head tube this past weekend!

Who is John Galt?
    Well, white or black are OK but it's a proven fact that the turquoise bikes are faster and climb better. So make your own decision...
    What, me hurry?

I like Monkeys
    I decided on the white. I'd rather ride a white yeti than wait on a turquoise one. With me as pilot it won't climb or ride fast anyway..

The Raw is very durable and looks awesome... you can still change your mind

Yeti 575 build

the 575 in its natural environment

HYH
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    You can match the Yeti Team outfit with the turquoise colour. Otherwise, I've got the black ano which combines nicely with the metallic/carbon swingarm

In my mind, I can do it!
    I'm going with the stock enduro, I'm planning on using my mavic crossland wheels and my king going into it's third bike. This is my 3rd FS bike, Fuel and stumpy in the past. Loved the fuel for it's climbing ability. Got the stumpy for more travel but I never really liked it for some reason. I'm taking the plunge blind.

BUT I just found out that they won't have any Turquoise until late Dec. So I'm trying to decide whether to wait or change colors. This is the time of year I enjoy riding the most so I'm sortof leaning towards the white..

Who votes for what color? Or wait..
    I wanted the Turq so bad I could just taste it but settled on the Black because that's the "demo" that Will had available. Now I can say that I think the Black is soooo sweet. For one, the finish is bullet proof. You will never see this stuff chip or scratch. If you do, it will be down to the metal.

I like Monkeys

I found this option...

Ok, I found this new black one on Ebay, new and within an hour's drive where I could pick it up in person. Black with carbon and Full XT and Bontrager Race disk wheels. The problem is the fork is a Minute 3:00 instead of fox. The seller is a dealer and said he could upgrade to fox for a price. I've heard mixed reviews on the Minute, how would it compare to the Vanilla on the enduro? I like the idea of the full XT and the wheels are probably lighter than the Enduro wheels. Opinions?

575 on Ebay

Thanks again for all of the help..

Hey that black one looks sweet, if you feel content the spec and have the option of switching forks if desired... go for it...

I have heard comments all over the place on the Minute and I haven't ridden one, so I cannot comment on it...

In my mind, I can do it!
    Ok, I found this new black one on Ebay, new and within an hour's drive where I could pick it up in person. Black with carbon and Full XT and Bontrager Race disk wheels. The problem is the fork is a Minute 3:00 instead of fox. The seller is a dealer and said he could upgrade to fox for a price. I've heard mixed reviews on the Minute, how would it compare to the Vanilla on the enduro? I like the idea of the full XT and the wheels are probably lighter than the Enduro wheels. Opinions?

575 on Ebay

Thanks again for all of the help..
    That's too much money man. You can get a Race Disk build from Will for about that price brand new. XT got nothin on X.9 anyway. I didn't think I would like the X.9 but I have come to LOVE it.

I wouldn't take that deal. If you are willing to spend that much or more for the upgrade then call Will at fullcycles.com and see what he can do. Remember that he will continue to support you after the purchase too.

mtbr member
    There's not a dealer where I live, but I also work at a bike shop. I really want to call Yeti and do the same thing. I want to see if I can get one sent to my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    That's too much money man. You can get a Race Disk build from Will for about that price brand new. XT got nothin on X.9 anyway. I didn't think I would like the X.9 but I have come to LOVE it.

I wouldn't take that deal. If you are willing to spend that much or more for the upgrade then call Will at fullcycles.com and see what he can do. Remember that he will continue to support you after the purchase too.
    Now that I rechecked with full cycles' site.. I support iviguy's opinion... the Enduro on the website is $2700 shipped and I am almost certain they will give you a way better deal if you call....

mtbr member
    Agreed. That Ebay Yeti is not a bargain at all. In fact, it seems slightly overpriced, considering the spec.

Ant

Who is John Galt?
    I paid $2,400 for mine from FullCycles with Juicy 7, Nevegal tires upgrade, shiping included.
    What, me hurry?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast