mtbr member

Please answer my 575 Questions..

I want to get a 575 frame to replace my Blur Classic. But, i do have a few questions that i hope you can answer:

1) Should i be worried about the Carbon Pivot Snapping?

2) Does the silver rear end suffer from corrosion or tarnishing?

and

3) Is there anything else i should be aware of?

I really want a 5 / 5.5 inch travel trail bike that i can ride all day without worrying about. And, i hope this will be it.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Neil

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeneil
    I want to get a 575 frame to replace my Blur Classic. But, i do have a few questions that i hope you can answer:

No.

Mine has a little bit of whitish stuff near the carbon pivot, and it can get scratched from rocks and crashes, but overall the finish is pretty good. Not really any problems of tarnishing, I think it has a clear coat on it.

Coming from a Blur classic, I think you will like it. I have never ridden a Blur, but I'm sure you will find that the Yeti likes to be ridden more aggressively and handles the descents way better. It still climbs really well too, I have been able to clean climbs on it that I never could on my previous bikes. For an all day riding kind of bike, I think the 575 fits the bill prefectly as its not too heavy but has a good all around suspension.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

No, its been around for years. It has no maintenance requirements either. The only thing that I've heard of was one coming a little loose which the factory replaced. I guess after many years it might be something to consider, but then again, bearings or other types of pivots can crap out with dirt and age, too.

Silver was so expensive that they decided to use aluminum.

It's better looking than chipped paint. And, for a couple of hundred bucks, you can get it in carbon. You'll want the lizard skin on the drive side (standard) either way.

Your teeth get really dry from all the smiling while riding. At least that's what I've heard. I don't own one.

Oh, and it sounds like the Pike is a good fork for any of these 5"ish travel bikes.

EDR
    1) No. It's been a non-issue for 99.9%.

2) The Al. doesn't tarnish. Maybe the clear coat but I've had mine over a year and discounting the rock scratches it looks like new.

3) Ya, the stock seatpost clamp sucks

Bomber
    everyone pretty much covered it, but recently I discovered some scratching on my seat stay, maybe 4 inches up from the carbon pivot....after examining another 575 it had the same thing, so doing a chainstay wrap (or similar thing) on that lower part of your seatstay would cure any scrathes you would accumulate and help cut down on the noise...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Two words: Get one!

No worries! You'll love it!

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone.

Oh, and i did mean to say silver "coloured" rear end. I didn't really think it was made of silver.

EDR
    a chainstay protector is a must on almost any bike, if you like to keep the finish and metal intact.

mtbr member

chips and scars

paint chips and frame dings are like scars. each tell a story and adds character... at least that's what I tell everyone when they see my bike all beat to heck...