mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Pike 150mm on SB95c?

Anyone running one? Thinking of swapping out my 140 pike for the ability to run it at 120mm.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    There is one person on the forum running a float 34 at 150 and he seems happy with it. Works for his riding area at least.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I was running a float 34 at 150 on my 95 and it really helped me get my BB up ( big stupid rocks and crap here in AZ ) and I am a long lanky guy and it really helped me get my bars and ft end up which I really needed .

But today I had my first ride on my 95 with the new 150 pike ( I originally ordered the Pike when I ordered all my pieces but nobody had them in 51mm offset yet so I got the 34 to tied me over)

Anyway I really liked the Pike right out the box , I worked over my 34 and got it working very well , but the Pike really has the edge with its damper assembly , the thing really is nice and I do not even have it dialed yet .

The other thing I found is the ATC measurement on the 34 at 150 was 562 mm and the Pike was 556 so the 150 Pike for the 29er is 6mm shorter compared to the 34 at 150.

( I measured on my bench with a machinist scale while both forks were side buy side , so this measurement is not quite to the book spec but the 29er Pike is shorter than the 29er 34 )

with the 150 mm Pike with the Ardent 2.4 in ft and Ardent 2.25 rear this gives me a BB height of 13.5 which is as low as you would to go around AZ .

with the Fox I almost had 13.6 , ......13.9 is really a good number for around here , but you can make 13.5 work ,

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Update on my Pike , I have been dialing it alittle each ride and this weekend I think I got it where it works really well for me .

This dam thing is by far the best fork I have ever ridden , I can not believe the plushness on small bump , the small crap just disappears and when you hit something wrong it really does not matter or upset the chassis , you really don't even feel like you screwed up when you screwed up .

The dam thing gives you way more confidence than the level of skill you have earned ,

My poor SB is slated to be a "Trail Bike" but this fork has turned it into an AM machine.
    At the bike Demo this week end as I was riding all the other bikes I kept thinking " God this bike would be so much better with the Pike rather than the Fox " Its really an unfair advantage .

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    This is about the only significant item to upgrade on my SB95c and on my moto bikes I invest heavily in the suspension, so I'm a bit particular in that area. I've played with the Float34 but definitely not committed to it and have felt the difference in the Fox vs Pike off the bike in my hands,.....now I guess it's just a matter of will power running out before I succumb to the Pike purchase, dang it!