mtbr member

Parting with my 575

After more than 5.5 years it is time to part. My 2006 was my first dualy and I loved it. Served me well and we learned so many things togetehr + grew together. Took it for a farewell ride today as next week it will be rainy and by the end of next week I should have a new bike. During the years I've demoed and liked many other bikes but was always happy to return to my stable and find my 575.
    Today, I have no remorse and I know I am trading it in for a better bike

mtbr member
    What bike are you getting?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sb66?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mahrous View Post
    Sb66?
    I see this was too easy to figure out
    Yes I am getting another Yeti. Amazing bike if you ask me.
    Hope the switch is reliable as it is performing so well. Stability is also phenomenal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I hear you. Congrats. I've had my 575 for about 2 years and it's been alot of fun. It's done everything I've asked it to do and more. I'm looking forward to demoing the SB66 one of these days... but in no hurry. Don't forget to post some ride reports

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBonty View Post
    I see this was too easy to figure out
    Yes I am getting another Yeti. Amazing bike if you ask me.
    Hope the switch is reliable as it is performing so well. Stability is also phenomenal.
    I have been lurking these forums for months now to make up my mind between an SB66 and a Mojo SL. I have basically read every single post about the SB66 on here :P

EDR
    Dror, enjoy the new ride. It's always a fun time when you find that "next" bike.

About a year ago or so I got the itch. Knolly Endorphin...Pivot Firebird...something a little heavier than my 575. The problem was, every time I came down off the mountain I was reminded of just how much I love my 575. Light enough at 30lbs to kill the techie uphills and plush enough for the bomb down. Haven't had a chance to kick the tires on a 66 yet.
    Have fun!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride View Post
    Dror, enjoy the new ride. It's always a fun time when you find that "next" bike.

About a year ago or so I got the itch. Knolly Endorphin...Pivot Firebird...something a little heavier than my 575. The problem was, every time I came down off the mountain I was reminded of just how much I love my 575. Light enough at 30lbs to kill the techie uphills and plush enough for the bomb down. Haven't had a chance to kick the tires on a 66 yet.
    Have fun!
    Thanks Jamie
    It is fun to be sure about next ride. I sure know what you mean as I keep demoing other bikes for the last 3 years. You may remember, I told you last year I was going to get a 5 spot but as you can see I was not fully convineced. Now I am.
    SOMO and National are very special and at 30lbs it is hard to beat the 575 downhill but climbing may be different and SB66 may work there for you both ways, so you should demo one. IMO, on fast flowy single trails like in Sedona the 66 is just at another level being so much faster, stable and efficient than the 575. Just my 2
    Cheers
    PS bonus time is coming, isn't it?

mtbr member
    I have been lurking these forums for months now to make up my mind between an SB66 and a Mojo SL. I have basically read every single post about the SB66 on here :P
    Hello neighbour
    Mojo SL is a very nice bike and 66 is great but quite different. Ibis is lighter, more gentle and not as stable and confidence inspiring as the SB66 especially going down.
    Now if that "wadi" you like is rocky than CF may not be your safest choice.
    Good luck

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Congrats on the new ride, Dror!

Looking forward to reading your ride impressions.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    You are definitely right about the rocky and hard terrain and was warned by many about it. But it is also more XC than a true AM. I am also having a look at the Mission 2 that's on sale at JensonUSA. Either I will go big on the SB66 or will save up the cash and go for the mission. Any remarks on the DB?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo View Post
    Congrats on the new ride, Dror!

Looking forward to reading your ride impressions.
    Hey Cris
    Thanks much!. I did post some Demo impressions:
    SB66 Demo part1
    The bike rocks!. Plan to get an XT level kit and better tires than the demo had.
    Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2009
    If you are looking XC, take an ASR5 for a spin. That bike rips XC and light AM. I liked it better than the Mojo SL and HD.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I ride 130mm travel at the moment, there is no way I am downsizing my riding!

mtbr member
    You are definitely right about the rocky and hard terrain and was warned by many about it. But it is also more XC than a true AM. I am also having a look at the Mission 2 that's on sale at JensonUSA. Either I will go big on the SB66 or will save up the cash and go for the mission. Any remarks on the DB?
    Can you post some photos from that wadi. It may be great to see some Egyptian trails.
    Sinai is beautifull!, but I've never been to mainland Egypt.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I ride 130mm travel at the moment, there is no way I am downsizing my riding!
    If you are referring to down sizing to the ASR5, you should ride it first. 140 in the front with 127 in the rear. I'm not sure if you would feel the 3mm difference. For me that bike is f'in ridiculous, but to each his own. Either way you can't go wrong with ASR5, 575, SB-66 or SB-95... it's win win all around.

mtbr member
    Here is the 575:

and the new ride:
    Last edited by GreenBonty; 01-15-2012 at 01:01 PM.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=mahrous;8887687]You are definitely right about the rocky and hard terrain and was warned by many about it. But it is also more XC than a true AM. I am also having a look at the Mission 2 that's on sale at JensonUSA. Either I will go big on the SB66 or will save up the cash and go for the mission. Any remarks on the DB?[/QU

Before i got my Yeti i was looking at a DB Mission4 since it was the same price for me on a Pro deal Vs Retail of the Yeti so i rode both and picked my 575 It just felt better to me,

There is a Guy on the DB forum that works at ***** sporting goods His name is david N something If you have any more ?? about DB !!

For my Type of riding here in Colorado I wanted a Real AM Bike that i can ride the Bike parks{Winter Park/Keystone} I hit everything but i will take it easy on the blacks so i don't really need a DH bike for this, Plus all the trails around me are XC and that would suck on a DH Bike..LOL

Hope that helps !!
    My new Quote is "don't let friends ride old bikes on DH Trails "

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I am looking at extending my riding and trying new trails through Sinai and perhaps even traveling to Europe for the odd yearly biking trip.

I am pretty much settled on the SB66 - unfortunately only black is available at the moment. JohnP and the dealer for my area have been providing me with good help and hopefully it will be around first of February.

GreenBonty - for the wadi - go on google earth and you will find a bunch of pictures of the place.
    I am not very good with it and not sure how to get coordinates - but I hope this helps.
    Also on youtube - check out channels MTBEgypt and DiglaDawg. There are bunch of onboard videos on there. Also mtbegypt dot com (silly forums wont let me post links)
    Too much yellow there, don't you think?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    One more post trying to post links here
    Nope. Not yet

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Google Maps
    There you go