mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Oury lock on grips

Hey ya'll!

I just recently installed some Oury lock grips on my 575. I'm having a problem with the end caps. Here are the grips:

http://www.ourygrips.com/lock_on.html

What happens is when riding the end caps start pulling out. I have them screwed down snug but they still start to come out.

Any have some suggesstions?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joltz
    Hey ya'll!

I just recently installed some Oury lock grips on my 575. I'm having a problem with the end caps. Here are the grips:

http://www.ourygrips.com/lock_on.html

What happens is when riding the end caps start pulling out. I have them screwed down snug but they still start to come out.

Any have some suggesstions?
    i don't use the ourys but if the end caps are screwed on, try some blue loctite. if they are a friction fit (pressed in), try some aerosol glue.

Ride on
    Jan 2004
    Yow! I just installed Oury Lock-Ons on my bike yesterday; I haven't even had a chance to try them out yet. FYI the fitting is a wedge that spreads a rubber or plastic star-shaped thingy apart. It doesn't look very secure.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Yeah.. I lost one of the end caps on my SS, I guess the extra "pull" on the handlebars while climbing made me pull it off, I haven't had any issues on the FS though... just check that there is enough "interferance" inside the bar when tightening...

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gunfodder
    Yow! I just installed Oury Lock-Ons on my bike yesterday; I haven't even had a chance to try them out yet. FYI the fitting is a wedge that spreads a rubber or plastic star-shaped thingy apart. It doesn't look very secure.
    Yep thats the way they are. I guess I just have to find a way to make sure the wedge is more secure in the bars.

mtbr member

I have the same problem

I have had the same problem with one of them.

I turned the screw quite a bit before it was snug. I've been checking it every time i ride.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rktpacnwest
    I have had the same problem with one of them.

I turned the screw quite a bit before it was snug. I've been checking it every time i ride.
    The mechanism works fine, you just have to tighten it more snug than you think. I have the same grips and if it is a bit loose then I can turn the end cap with my hand. When it is tight, it won't turn without much more force and it does not come out.

Who is John Galt?
    Hairspray? It dries tight but will come off with another application. That's what you get for taking off the ones that say Yeti!
    What, me hurry?

Ride on
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Hairspray? It dries tight but will come off with another application. That's what you get for taking off the ones that say Yeti!
    Touché! I wanted a pair of Lock-On Yeti Hardcore grips, but I couldn't find any in local shops and I don't have the patience for mail-order.

Who is John Galt?
    Touché! I wanted a pair of Lock-On Yeti Hardcore grips, but I couldn't find any in local shops and I don't have the patience for mail-order.
    Where can one get such a thing? I want!
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Here ya go!

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...2&category=328

I've bought a ton of stuff from these guys, but they're only about 30 minutes from my house, so I just drive over and drool on stuff......

Dean

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Me too. Couldn't put up with the reg yeti grips slipping on my new bars. Yes, I tried hairspray before going to the Oury's.