mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Oh the humanity!

My new 575 frame came in two days ago and I don't have the money to finish the build I still need about $1000 to do it right (maybe 700$ if I find some good deals or make a couple concessions). Normally, I'd have charged it all and had it here before the frame even arrived but I decided recently to pay off all my debt in the next 5 years, so I have a little more freedom in career choice. I'm thinking of selling one of my other bikes, since I certainly don't NEED 3, but I've got attachment issues I don't know, I just wanted to whine since my poor 575 will probably be in the bike closet until '07.

Hi!!!
    You can't use parts off your other bikes?
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I probably could use some of it but I was using this build to get away from some of the stuff I didn't like on my other bikes, which were pre-built (or like 80% built) when I got them.

I still need:

Drivetrain (Crankset/BB/Der/Shifters):

I want to go all SRAM on the drivetrain since I've had nothing but problems with Shimano lately. I also wanted to go with a 1x9 setup.

Wheelset:

I can definitely used the wheelset from one of my other bikes, which I just might do, I could use a stronger wheelset on that bike anyway so I may just replace that one later on.

Brakes:

I'm not extremely happy with the brakes on either of my other bikes (Hayes HFX9 and BB7's), the haye's are hit or miss on performance and have had mutliple mechanical problems, and the BB7's I find pretty weak, but they work OK for that bike (HT/SS).

And I think that's about all I need. Which is too much, in my mind. I'll probably just end up selling my SS, hopefully that'll get me enough to finish it in time to ride this year.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by le0p
    I probably could use some of it but I was using this build to get away from some of the stuff I didn't like on my other bikes, which were pre-built (or like 80% built) when I got them.

I still need:

Drivetrain (Crankset/BB/Der/Shifters):

I want to go all SRAM on the drivetrain since I've had nothing but problems with Shimano lately. I also wanted to go with a 1x9 setup.

Wheelset:

I can definitely used the wheelset from one of my other bikes, which I just might do, I could use a stronger wheelset on that bike anyway so I may just replace that one later on.

Brakes:

I'm not extremely happy with the brakes on either of my other bikes (Hayes HFX9 and BB7's), the haye's are hit or miss on performance and have had mutliple mechanical problems, and the BB7's I find pretty weak, but they work OK for that bike (HT/SS).

And I think that's about all I need. Which is too much, in my mind. I'll probably just end up selling my SS, hopefully that'll get me enough to finish it in time to ride this year.
    Borrow some parts from BelaySlave. He's not using his bike anyway..

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    All donations are welcome