In my mind, I can do it!

The OFFICIAL newest member of the Tribe..

Ok, sorry for the joke last night. Many of you were genuinely concerned and I very much appreciate that. The truth is, IT ARRIVED and is just so sweet. I was elated. The ano black looks soooo nice. It does need a touch of color and if my wife lets me spend any more money that will happen eventually but for now, it needs to be ridden.

Sorry for the poor load times. I have been trying to get this stuff done this morning and interruption after interruption... Doesn't my job know I have priorities??

This was waiting for me when I arrived home:

I had a little help putting it all together. My 4 year old son was more excited than me I think:

Wrapped very well:

It took a while to put together - I really need a work stand.. but I got it done:

The RS Revelation is SOOOO Sweet. I am going to LOVE this fork!!

I have lots more pics but the webspace where they are stored is full on my free account. I'll work with the sizes and try to post more.

Thanks again for the help from everyone. I'm glad to be an official member now. Finally!!!

Last edited by iviguy; 06-08-2006 at 07:26 AM.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Looks great. I think you'll be glad you went with the Revelation, I've been blown away with my Pike thus far.

And BTW, you can upload up to 100MB of photos to your MTBR.com account.

Welcome to the tribe, life is good here.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Looks great. I think you'll be glad you went with the Revelation, I've been blown away with my Pike thus far.

And BTW, you can upload up to 100MB of photos to your MTBR.com account.

Welcome to the tribe, life is good here.
    Funny, I didn't even know I had space on my mtbr account. I'll look for it.

I'll post more. BTW - you were the only one wise to my little prank... Great call.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Funny, I didn't even know I had space on my mtbr account. I'll look for it.

I'll post more. BTW - you were the only one wise to my little prank... Great call.
    Check out the "Gallery" link on the top right of the page. Once there, go to "My Gallery" and you can upload photos into your account space. Great place to store biking photos.

In my mind, I can do it!

More pics

Here are some more shots...

And the build info is as follows:
    Large Ano Black frame w/RP3
    Enduro build 06'
    Juicy 5 with 185mm rotors
    RS Revelation Air U-Turn fork
    Maxxis CrossMark tires
    Shimano M959 Pedals (bought these 2 mos ago and they have been just waiting for the bike)

The weight according to the bathroom scale is 28.8lbs

cost... Just under $2200. I think I got a super deal!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Nice...

that Rev goes well with the black frame...

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Check out the "Gallery" link on the top right of the page. Once there, go to "My Gallery" and you can upload photos into your account space. Great place to store biking photos.
    Is there a way to upload multiple photos at once?

mtbr member
    Beautiful. Thanks for the pics. I feel much better now.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Beautiful. Thanks for the pics. I feel much better now.
    You are partial to black I see.... I didn't think I would like black so much but it's just stunning... Needs a touch of color to set it off but wow, I'm amazed.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Is there a way to upload multiple photos at once?
    Not that I've found.

One good thing about the ano Black is that is should prove to be tough. I thought seriously about going with the black as I prefer ano over powdercoating.

I've already taken a couple chips in the paint on my downtube from throwing up rocks. Just trail badges, but never hurts to have a finish that can stand up to the beating.

mtbr member
    You are partial to black I see.... I didn't think I would like black so much but it's just stunning... Needs a touch of color to set it off but wow, I'm amazed.

Beautiful bike. I've got a black ano as well and am really amazed at just how nice that finish looks and holds up. Congrats!

Dean

mtbr member
    Yup, a fan of black. I have the older, glossy paint job, but I really like the way it is complimented by the stanchions and the grey lowers of my AMSL. May someday purchase a black cross bike to go with the rest of my stable.

A touch of color really does make the black shine. I wanted a pair of the berry blue Candies and a blue water bottle for that very reason, but could not justify it when my plain Eggbeaters SLs and steel cage function perfectly.

Again, great choice on the bike, color, and build.

Don't forget the ride report.

Ant

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Yup, a fan of black. I have the older, glossy paint job, but I really like the way it is complimented by the stanchions and the grey lowers of my AMSL. May someday purchase a black cross bike to go with the rest of my stable.

A touch of color really does make the black shine. I wanted a pair of the berry blue Candies and a blue water bottle for that very reason, but could not justify it when my plain Eggbeaters SLs and steel cage function perfectly.

Again, great choice on the bike, color, and build.

Don't forget the ride report.

Ant
    You know the funny thing is that prior to finding this bike at such a great price and not being able to choose the color, I would have listed black down the list of favorites. I guess I never saw one in person but now I'm thinking that this was quite fortunate because I am really liking this color.

The only thing on the build that kind of bothers me is the xm317 wheels and hubs. Maybe it's a much more insignificant issue than I am making it but I look at them and just see low budget and somewhat cheapish... Heck, they're probably better than the 517's I had on the other bike though.. so who knows...

The maiden ride should happen tonight on my most frequented trail. I should have a report tomorrow. I haven't taken a 575 on this trail before, (except a short ride on one that was a small and had shorter cranks which wasn't very impressive simply because of the fit)... I am anxious.

Adobo Lover
    Sweet Congrats man!!!!

Hi!!!
    If you visit Boise again to see family, make sure you bring the bike. Look us up in the Idaho, Wyoming, Montana forum and we'll show you around.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    Congrats and best of luck.
    It truly is a great ride.

surly inbred
    A world of worry finally off my shoulders.

Now go get it dirty. Enjoy

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    I have a black anno frame as well and can attest to how durable it is. I ride on really rocky trails and my Evolve DH cranks have big nicks all over them from rocks, but my anno is hardly scratched.

I would not worry about the rims, but if you do decide you do not like them new rims are fairly cheap and wheel rebuilds are not that expensive either. You should be able to pick up a better rim for $60-$80/rim, rebuild $20, spokes cannot be that much. The real expense is the rear hub. A good rear hub must cost 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost of a wheel set, no?

I went with gold touches of color on my black anno 575. It went with the gold highlights of my Hope brakes and gold cups of my Race Face Evolve DH BB. I also purchased a gold Answer Taper-Lite handle bar and gold Hope QR seat clamp. Gold = bling!
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

mtbr member
    mtnfiend could you post some pics of your bike, I was also thinking of going with gold highlights on my ano black 575 and I am curious to see what it looks like.

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Quote Originally Posted by JustMtnB44
    mtnfiend could you post some pics of your bike, I was also thinking of going with gold highlights on my ano black 575 and I am curious to see what it looks like.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity

mtbr member
    Congratulations! I'm sure you'll love it.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

SlimYeti
    cost... Just under $2200. I think I got a super deal!!
    That's a steal - I think I've seen some used 575s with similar set-ups going for more than that!

I'm tempted to call Fullcycles, but I'm afraid that my LBS (and only one in state) won't be too thrilled when I roll it in for service.