mtbr member

Nobby Nic 2.4's on a 575???

Anyone running NN 2.4's on a 575? If so, how do you like them for the conditions you ride.
    I'm currently riding 2.35 Kenda BG (front) and Nev (back) but I'm looking for something lighter. I ride mostly (high desert) loose over hardpack with frequent trips to Moab and Fruita... If you've run the Kenda's before, a comparison between the BG/NEV and NN's would be awesome! The Schwalbe's are kinda spendy (over $10 per tire than the Kenda) so I want as much feedback as possible before pulling the trigger.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Grip wise the NN are great, but I have not run them in 2.4... I cannot compare it to the Kendas because I haven't tried them. I have used the 2.25 NN on my SS and it is about a "real" 2.1 according to my digital caliper. I have used a 2.4 Racing Ralph on the 575 and it had room to spare. The RR 2.4 is about a "real" 2.3, so I would expect the 2.4 NN to be similar.

The casing in the "Evolution" line of Schwalbe (RR and NN are part of that) is very compliant, but that could be a problem in the rocks I suppose.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Cris

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Anyone running NN 2.4's on a 575? If so, how do you like them for the conditions you ride.
    I'm running a Schwalbe Big Betty 2.4 up front on my 575. A nice upgrade in just about every aspect other than weight over the Blue Groove I was using. The Betty tracks better, has better puncture resistance and rolls better but she is a bit piggy on the scale. Really though on the trail the Betty feels easier to get moving than the Blue Groove.

Still running Nevegals on the rear, but may go to something else when the current one gets worn out.

Bomber
    I am also thinking about doing som NN's, 2.4 on the front and 2.25 on the rear. I've heard of a few sidewall blowouts...but they seem o so delicious.