Who is John Galt?

Nightridin' Yeti

Today was a big day for me. First of all, it was 70 degrees in Missouri and by some strange alignment of fate, my workload and desire to ride formed a cosmic alignment with the fact that the boss was gone. So I took the Yeti out for its first ride since I trashed my knee two weeks ago. Along for the ride was my new Jet Phantom helmet light. I actually got too early a start and had to sit in the woods awhile waiting for some real darkness to arrive and complete my first night ride. Leg felt good, bike was really burning up the trail and the light...that was super fun. Real strange when you ride up on a rabbit and the lights turn its eyes red and throws a huge shadow behind. Guess I'll get rid of that chamois... The Jet's a good light, I can see the need for one on the bars too however. If I didn't know the trail so well I would have piled it up on some rocks, the helmet light just doesn't give you the contrast you really need. Still a real confidence booster for me. Here's a pic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What, me hurry?

Positive Vibe Technician

spider eyes

I like how the spider eyes sparkle! love the nite-ride
    If you are gunna be dumb, ya gotta be tough

Hi!!!
    I wish it was 70 degrees in Boise right now. This below freezing crap ain't for me.

With that being said I'm going for a either a night run or night ride tomorrow night.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Glad to see back on the 575, Big Jim! I have been thinking on night riding... I have been looking as a set of halogen lights from Sigma Sport... but still not sure if I will do it enough to warrant the cost.... anyway... cool that you are riding again! Cheers!

Who is John Galt?
    This time of year that's the only option around here unless you only ride weekends. I got caught out earlier this fall with the light failing, that wasn't fun. I also built a halogen light, there's a ton of instructions on this site, in the GPS and lighting forum. Waiting for some new parts from batteryspace.com to get it all working but it's pretty slick. Am hoping the homebrew light combined with the Jet on my helmet gives me al lthe light I need.

We must be getting that weather system you have in Idaho belayslave, it's supposed to be rolling in Thursday bringing us some freezing rain and snow. Studded bike tires, anyone?
    What, me hurry?