View Poll Results: Best color for AS-Rsl?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Turquoise

15 71.43%
  • Black

4 19.05%
  • Red

2 9.52%
    mtbr member
    Aug 2005

New question here. New AS-Rsl, what size/color?

I'm considering a new AS-Rsl, but I'm not sure what size I need or what color I want. The Yeti website says someone my height (6'0") is right in-between a M and a L frame, if you were me which would you choose and why?

Also, the only color I've ever seen on a Yeti is the turquoise - and I think it's badass, but if I want a M only Red and Black are currently available...how do these colors look in person? Please post pics if possible.

Thanks!

EDIT: Please vote in the poll and post regarding frame size - thx.

mtbr member

Large

I am 6' 4" and a large is a bit small.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by cdraayer
    I'm considering a new AS-Rsl, but I'm not sure what size I need or what color I want. The Yeti website says someone my height (6'0") is right in-between a M and a L frame, if you were me which would you choose and why?

Also, the only color I've ever seen on a Yeti is the turquoise - and I think it's badass, but if I want a M only Red and Black are currently available...how do these colors look in person? Please post pics if possible.

Thanks!

Get a large. I am 6' and have ridden the medium and large ASR 575 and the large felt much better. You can always shorten the stem if needed. Best to ride both if possible though. It's kind of a personal preference too.

On your left.
    Jan 2004

Turquoise

The turquoise is so anti-bike color I love it. It also happens to be some excellent paint as mine has stood up to 1+ year if racing and still looks really fresh. I've seen black and it looks great too and the red is nice in photos, but they are normal bike colors. The Yeti is not a normal bike.

I'm 6'4" and my L is just big enough - I use a 130mm stem. My guess is that on the L at 6'0" you would be at a 80mm stem.

Thanks!

Attached Images Attached Images
    M

Hi!!!
    Turquiose. It's sooooo Yeti. Black and red are just too common of colors.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Bad Case of the Mondays
    I'm 6ft as well. I was shown to be either M or L in the 575, but the Large really felt better to me. I did drop to a 90mm stem, but that was the only change I made. Feels like home now.

I'm a unitard!
    I'm 6ft right on the money. I went with large and a 120mm stem. Yes, I'm weird. I need the 120 mm stem, and I have to scoot my saddle completely forward.

I think I would be pushing the limit on saddle height with a medium.

mtbr member
    I'm just a hair under 6' (5' 11.5") and I ride a large 575. I liked it at first, but after riding it for a year I decided that I was too stretched out. I've replaced the stock 100mm stem with a 90, swapped a couple spacers to bring the bars up, and it feels much better. I've been kicking around the idea of getting a 80mm and seeing how that feels, but I don't want to get too cramped. Occasionally I think that maybe a M would have been a better fit, but then I remember that the head tube is .75" shorter, so to get my bars up to the height I like, I'd need to get some seriously high riser bars.

I say that you should get the L turquoise.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Went 06 AS-Rsl Pro build, size L, in Team Turquoise - can't wait!

Thanks everyone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbfool
    I'm 6ft right on the money. I went with large and a 120mm stem. Yes, I'm weird. I need the 120 mm stem, and I have to scoot my saddle completely forward.

I think I would be pushing the limit on saddle height with a medium.
    Just curious, why do you feel you need a 120mm stem?
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Went 06 AS-Rsl Pro build, size L, in Team Turquoise - can't wait!

Thanks everyone.
    That should be sweet. Welcome to the Tribe, enjoy your stay.