"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

New member to the tribe

sure, you can use your Yeti to do some amazing things. But this compares to some of the best times I've had on my ARC (had one for 12 years now). 8 miles of mostly fireroad with no more than 100 feet of total elevation gain. the cameraperson was my 8 year old who rides his 20" (sorry, it's not a Yeti, Yeti doesn't make kids bikes! but we're waiting until he's on a small 26"......) and is moving to his 24" bike in a few months.

A ride that would normally take me half an hour stretches out into a 3 hour affair so we can stop and throw rocks into the streams, play near the waterfall, and generally just enjoy the day. it's not always about the terrain or how fast you get from point A to point B.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New member to the tribe-photo.jpg  

New member to the tribe-dsc02508.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    How old is your son? I have a young son that I am eagerly anticipating doing the same thing with. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Our Stable: Yeti ASR-5, Yeti Big Top , Yeti ARC-X, Orbea Diva, Co-Motion Speedster, C'dale Road Tandem & Strider

mtbr member
    I passed a very young lady last summer on a 20" Yeti, I stopped her mom to ask her what it was,,,, a rebadged Spec Hardrock, seems her daughter wanted a bike like her mom, so mom got a couple frame stickers and pasted them over the Spec stickers, hilarious and awesome all at the same time.

My 9, just about 10yr old boy, has outgrown his 24" Kona and has expressed his desire for a Yeti. That gave us a great opportunity to discuss economics and marginal utility. I told him he can ride Mom's medium in a few years but until he stops growing 5" a year he won't be getting a 3k bike: )

Love the pics, nothing is more fun than riding with the kids

At the slickrock practice loop last May with the boy:

Bar M Trails with the then 6yr old daughter on her 20":

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
    Quote Originally Posted by dean20 View Post
    How old is your son? I have a young son that I am eagerly anticipating doing the same thing with. Thanks for the inspiration.
    he's now 6 but they both started on the alley cat when they were 4 1/2.