Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator

A new Costa Rican/German 575 is born

Hi guys!

Well the shipping adventure is over, and the frame has finally arrived here in Saarbruecken, Germany.

A big thanks to Flyer and Gary @ Full Cycles for the recommendations and awesome deal on the frame, and also to my friend Sofia and the guys at Bikesmiths in Bloomington, IN for helping on the packaging and shipping

I still have to wait for my Pike to be repaired (the ebay seller took it back to fix it) and I need a front derailleur, but here is the planned build

Frame: Yeti 575 medium raw
    Shock: 2007 Fox RP23
    Fork: Pike 454 Air U-turn
    Headset: Chris King
    BB: XT integrated
    Crankarms: XT Hollowtech II
    Chain: XTR
    Cassette: Shimano Deore XT 11-34
    Front Derailleur: XT 761 (planned)
    Rear Derailleur: XT
    Shifters: Shimano Deore XT dual control
    Brake Levers: Shimano Deore XT dual control
    Brakes: Shimano Deore XT 765 (180/160)
    Stem: Race Face Evolve 110mm
    Bars: Easton Monkeylite XC
    Seatpost: Thomson (I still have to decide if I need a setback or not, cheapo post for now)
    Seat: Selle Italia cheap saddle
    Wheelset: Hope Pro 2 hubs on DT 5.1 rims and DT Competition spokes
    Tyres: Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 rear and Intense CC 2.25 front (for now)
    Pedals: Shimano PD-M540

There are some pics below. I will keep you guys posted on the build.

I am

cheers,
    Cris

the Yeti box

Yeti 575 rear triangle

Yeti 575 rear triangle

Yeti 575 front triangle

2007 Fox RP23

King headset and emblem

Faster, faster, faster
    Last edited by crisillo; 08-11-2006 at 03:06 PM.

banned
    Stunning.

Thanks JC. It is amazing, I am truly impressed. Now I know what other 575 owners talk so much about I can't wait to ride it!!!!

Cheers,
    Cris

banned
    I think your wheelset is the same as what I just got this week from oddsandendos. I love them. They don't feel their weight, especially under acceleration. I went for all black on those. Hubs are super loud, but I like that.

In my mind, I can do it!
    Awesome! Welcome to the tribe. Now you can change your signature from "Close your mouth.... mud has very little nutritional value..." to something more appropriate like "There's nothing quite like riding a nude Yeti"...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I think your wheelset is the same as what I just got this week from oddsandendos. I love them. They don't feel their weight, especially under acceleration. I went for all black on those. Hubs are super loud, but I like that.

Mine are black too... I just received a received a set of "20mm to QR" adapters, to ride the front wheel on the Epic while I get the 575 together. I have ridden the rear a couple of times..and it sure is LOUD, but I am starting to like it too

Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Awesome! Welcome to the tribe. Now you can change your signature from "Close your mouth.... mud has very little nutritional value..." to something more appropriate like "There's nothing quite like riding a nude Yeti"...
    Thanks for the warm welcome!! I will think about some new signature and avatar soon.

Cheers,
    Cris

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Nice Pics... glad to hear you got your Yeti Crisillo...

As a side note, on your frame it has a picture of a Yeti pulling air and the words "FasterFasterFaster"... My 575 team turq is different... shows 575 and then has blocks and says "Hand Built Race Breed" there and a silhouette of the yeti on top... I didn't know the frames had different messages on them... I just assumed they would be identical, but in different color. Very cool... Does each color have a different design? Has anyone collected the whole set? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Nice Pics... glad to hear you got your Yeti Crisillo...

As a side note, on your frame it has a picture of a Yeti pulling air and the words "FasterFasterFaster"... My 575 team turq is different... shows 575 and then has blocks and says "Hand Built Race Breed" there and a silhouette of the yeti on top... I didn't know the frames had different messages on them... I just assumed they would be identical, but in different color. Very cool... Does each color have a different design? Has anyone collected the whole set? LOL
    Thanks JSD, I had seen the "faster, faster, faster" before, and knew there were different messages, but I don't know all of them. So now we know the raw and team color messages. What about black, orange, and white? (maybe even the old 04-05 colors had other messages?)

-Cris

Adobo Lover
    Congrats man!!! My White 04 has faster, faster, faster as the message.
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

Thanks 95Stumpy!

mtbr member
    Congrats!. Great build. Post photos when built.
    Enjoy
    GB

Thanks GreenBonty! I will post more pics when the build is complete.

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice..very nice indeed!!

May I offer just one serious tip? If you sweat over your bike a lot, remember to run some water over it gently and wipe it dry. I don't know if this will ever happen but technically, that clearcoat could rub off leaving your metal to corrode (yes, Aluminum does corrode if the right circumstances exist). Salt is a friend to no bike.

Have a blast on that Yeti. It was built to take you to all kinds of cool places.

Thanks Flyer! I will follow your advice... I remember reading the thread on the "sweat corrosion" issue. I also remember that Yeti took care of it without issue, but I will take care of my new baby

Thanks for your pre-order suggestions and tips.

Cheers,
    Cris
    Last edited by crisillo; 08-14-2006 at 01:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Some will call me crazy but here is what I do with painted and clearcoated frames. When I first get it, I put 3-4 coats of synthetic wax/sealant on it (German Klasse, in my case) and then I let it "cure" for a day. I then put 2-3 coats of Carnauba (P21S) on top of that. After that, I'm good to go and dirt just falls right off. I know this sounds silly but my car detailing process is so much fun when I'm waiting for parts. I mean, the poor frame is just sitting there- may as well do something nice for it once. It will be carrying me on some tough trails so a nice deed will be remembered

mtbr member

sweeeet!

great lookin' frame.....give us some more photos when you have her built up.
    congrats!

Who is John Galt?
    Nice frame but they forgot to paint it! Send it back and get some turquoise thrown on it. Other than that, it sounds like a great build. Wish I had your wheels.
    What, me hurry?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Some will call me crazy but here is what I do with painted and clearcoated frames. When I first get it, I put 3-4 coats of synthetic wax/sealant on it (German Klasse, in my case) and then I let it "cure" for a day. I then put 2-3 coats of Carnauba (P21S) on top of that. After that, I'm good to go and dirt just falls right off. I know this sounds silly but my car detailing process is so much fun when I'm waiting for parts. I mean, the poor frame is just sitting there- may as well do something nice for it once. It will be carrying me on some tough trails so a nice deed will be remembered
    That sound like a nice preparation process.... I might just follow it ;-)

Cheers,
    Cris

@Cisco: Thanks, I will post more when I get it up and running.

@Big Jim Mac: Damn! I knew something was wrong.... however I might leave it like that.. it looks "kind of cool" j/k.. it is freaking awesome!

Cheers,
    Cris

mtbr member
    BTW
    How do you attach so many images without exceeding the max permitted by MTBR?.
    I can only post one image at a time. Do you compress?.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBonty
    BTW
    How do you attach so many images without exceeding the max permitted by MTBR?.
    I can only post one image at a time. Do you compress?.
    I upload them to flickr and then just link them here. Actually Flickr provides you with the HTML code to insert the images. You can click on any of the images on my original post and it will take you to my flickr account, where you can see other sizes of every image.

mtbr member
    Nice.
    Who's the guy on your Epic?.

Ah.. That's my Dad. he came to visit during the Soccer World Cup in June, so we went for a ride, I rode my SS and gave my dad the Epic (he usually rides a GF Sugar 293 back in Costa Rica). It was really nice to show him the trails around here

mtbr member
    Yea, I figured out he was not 26 but he is young for having a son at 26.
    I forgot how many bikers (mostly roadies) I saw in Costa Rica. I guess MTB is great back in Costa Rica. Not sure if they let you ride in the parks there but the parks are great and the country is beautifull.
    BTW I guess you took your dad to the smooth trails in your area, otherwise the Epic is more than enough for these trails.
    Pura Vida
    GB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast