Thread: New bike advice

mtbr member

New bike advice

I've searched all the forums looking for the perfect AM bike. While I'm sure the "perfect bike" doesn't exist I've limited my choices to the following three cantidates. Anyone want to add a little input? Has anyone even ridden the 2:1 FXR yet? Thanks,

Kevin

Yeti 575: Seems to be well liked bike most owners. Plenty of positive feedback in the review section too. However, the hole in the frame is a turn-off in the looks department. Bondo anyone?

Blur LT: Again, good feedback. Lots of complaints about linkage bearings and noise though. Looks like a bike should.

Foes 2:1 FXR: Not too much info out there yet. Seems like it's the best choice if drops are in my future. Can be built "light" but no where near the other two. Looks great.

mtbr member

your riding style?

I have demoed the blur long time ago and didn't like. I believe it is not comparable to the 575 but I know that it took me some time to like the 575(it was not love at first sight or moment). Luckily enough I had the Yeti for 5 days before I had to make the decision.
    What are the parameters you consider most? and how and where do you ride.
    Their are terrains where my HT is better than the 575 but that does not make it a better bike.

Adobo Lover
    The frame tends to grow on you the more you stare at it!!! I guess you can say it's an acquired look!

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorep
    I've searched all the forums looking for the perfect AM bike. While I'm sure the "perfect bike" doesn't exist I've limited my choices to the following three cantidates. Anyone want to add a little input? Has anyone even ridden the 2:1 FXR yet? Thanks,

Kevin

Yeti 575: Seems to be well liked bike most owners. Plenty of positive feedback in the review section too. However, the hole in the frame is a turn-off in the looks department. Bondo anyone?

Blur LT: Again, good feedback. Lots of complaints about linkage bearings and noise though. Looks like a bike should.

Foes 2:1 FXR: Not too much info out there yet. Seems like it's the best choice if drops are in my future. Can be built "light" but no where near the other two. Looks great.
    You are going to hate this answer... You have to go ride each of them and decide which works best for you. I don't know how you are going to be able to do that with the Foes since I think it may be sold as a frame only but you can find demo's available for the Yeti and the BLT. There is no secret formula that works for everyone. I searched and searched and beat it to death. Everyone has a different opinion. If you go to the Santa Cruz forum they are going to tell you the BLT is better. Here the Yeti rules. The guys in the Titus said the ML was the best.. (I hated that bike when I first rode it... ) It's all subjective. Go ride one and you will know. Make sure when you ride the Yeti that they set it up correctly for you. 25% sag seems to be the magic number on this bike.