Thread: New ARC Carbon

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New ARC Carbon

I wrapped my 2012 Big Top around some big rocks a few weeks back and ruined the frame. My LBS was cool enough to work with Yeti and hook me up with a great deal on a new ARC C. I had the shop strip off the components from my Big Top build and throw them onto the new frame. It was a simple conversion - had to rebuild the back wheel and put on a new King headset.

I just picked it up from the shop this afternoon. I can't wait to throw a leg over it tomorrow and see how she rides.

New ARC Carbon-photo-4-.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Very nice! Size and weight (can't read the scale!)? Would like to hear a ride report when available.

Root Master
    Looks like it weighs a bit less than 25 lbs?

I'm supremely jealous of that bike. It looks fantastic!
    Join the Tribe...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The bike weighed a shade less than 25lbs. It has all the components from my Big Top Race build from 2012 - XT brakes, gearing, carbon bar, DT Swiss wheels. I would like to get a carbon seat post and at some point a nice, light wheelset.

I put some play miles on it to tonight on the local paved bike path. The bike is super responsive and very fast out of the hole. I will know more tomorrow when I get it on some dirt at White Ranch.

Not Bad
    Really nice build, congratulations!

mtbr noob
    Great ! Now I have to save up for a second hardtail...
    I love your bike. Please take a camera w/ you on the ride and post pix asap.
    roxo56
    Surly Troll
    SC Butcher

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    The new bike is fantastic. It is a night and day difference between my 2012 Big Top and the new ARC Carbon. I took it out last night on my local trail - White Ranch - Belcher climb in Golden. The trail has about 1700ft of climbing and some technical descents. I was able to shave about 4 minutes off my previous PR on the climb. The bike ripped up the hill, I felt like the power transfer was super efficient and climbing was effortless. The bike is tight and felt much more complaint that my Big Top.

Descending was super comfortable. It handled tough, rocky terrain very easily and was definitely confidence inspiring.

This is my first carbon bike, now I know what all the fuss has been about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    That's a beautiful bike, congrats on the new ride!

Did you get it from Singletrack Factory? I used to live down the street from that shop and it looks familiar. Great group of people over there - always were super helpful.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Yep, picked it up at Singletrack Factory. Harley and the rest of the guys did a great job taking care of me with the crash replacement and new build. I can't wait to race this sucker in Leadville 100 this August.