I like Monkeys

Good job! New 575 My final (?) Ride Report

I promise that I'll stop gushing after this

I liked the 575 after my first ride but it felt a little sluggish with the 540 wheelset & minion tires. It handled great and climbed very well but felt a little slow on accelleration. I put on my Crosslands & lighter Tubeless Tires with sealant which saved about 1.5-2 pounds over the other combination and brought the weight down to about 27.5 pounts. I went for my 2nd ride today. I did a little tweaking of the suspension in the first few minutes and then did my normal loop.

WOW! with the faster rolling tires and lower rotational weight it was like a light from above! I was surprised how a bike with almost 6 inches of travel could climb better than my old stumpjumper and then suck up every bump! I got used to the slacker geometry and found that if you let it do the work it seemed to steer like a bike with a steeper head angle. And If you just ignore the smaller logs, rocks & roots you can just roll. My riding partner kept asking me 'did you hit your chainring' on every log that he went around and I went over without touching. Any log smaller than about 6 inches I could barely feel. I had a triad propedal on my stumpy that just never worked. I'm very impressed with the way the RP23 works on the 575. It holds tight when it needs to and then gives when the going gets rough.

I'd like to thank all of you Yeti nuts here for your help in choosing a bike and setting it up. I think I've found that bike that I'll just ride until it falls apart. I may put a better and lighter wheelset on the bike in the future but everything else about it is perfect.

Happy Trails!
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnA
    I promise that I'll stop gushing after this

I liked the 575 after my first ride but it felt a little sluggish with the 540 wheelset & minion tires. It handled great and climbed very well but felt a little slow on accelleration. I put on my Crosslands & lighter Tubeless Tires with sealant which saved about 1.5-2 pounds over the other combination and brought the weight down to about 27.5 pounts. I went for my 2nd ride today. I did a little tweaking of the suspension in the first few minutes and then did my normal loop.

WOW! with the faster rolling tires and lower rotational weight it was like a light from above! I was surprised how a bike with almost 6 inches of travel could climb better than my old stumpjumper and then suck up every bump! I got used to the slacker geometry and found that if you let it do the work it seemed to steer like a bike with a steeper head angle. And If you just ignore the smaller logs, rocks & roots you can just roll. My riding partner kept asking me 'did you hit your chainring' on every log that he went around and I went over without touching. Any log smaller than about 6 inches I could barely feel. I had a triad propedal on my stumpy that just never worked. I'm very impressed with the way the RP23 works on the 575. It holds tight when it needs to and then gives when the going gets rough.

I'd like to thank all of you Yeti nuts here for your help in choosing a bike and setting it up. I think I've found that bike that I'll just ride until it falls apart. I may put a better and lighter wheelset on the bike in the future but everything else about it is perfect.

Happy Trails!
    It's amazing what a lighter wheelset and fast rolling tires will do for the 575. They should have named this bike the Chameleon because it can change to match whatever environment you want to ride with only mild changes.... The minions and stronger wheelset would probably be a great combo for DH riding and the bike fits that riding style too.

Glad you are happy with the purchase.
    Remember: "Friends Don't Let Friends Ride Junk"

Quote: "Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks"
    - A Yeti Rider

I like Monkeys
    I was calling it the thermos last night when I got home. The old joke is that the thermos 'keeps hot things hot and cold things cold, but how do it know" . The 575 is like that, climbs like a 3 incher and descends like a 6 inch trailbike. But how do it know?
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Sweet! Glad you are enjoying the new ride, VaughnA!

I know the feeling

Cheers