View Poll Results: Painting the 575

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paint entire frame white (including swingarm)

2 100.00%
  • Get the tora 318 fork to match the bike

0 0%
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Need opinions about 575 color scheme

Hello, I have a Yeti 575 frame and a white RS revelation fork that I am building up and I am giving it a fresh new look and I am looking for some opinions. I know it is stupid but the looks of the bike is a high priority for me. And the one thing that always bothers me about the 575 is the chrome swing-arm along with the gold fork tubes. Some options I have considered are the following::

- - - - Paint the entire frame (including swingarm) white and keep the revelation fork
    - - - - Paint the main frame white, keep the swingarm chrome, and get the white tora 318 fork (the tora has chrome tubes, which match the swingarm)

Thank you everyone in advance.

Rat Fink
    Paint the main frame white, keep the swingarm chrome, and get the white tora 318 fork
    You don't want to ruin your 575 by putting a Tora on in. It's a heavy fork and only marginally better than those junk Judy forks that Rock Shox has been putting on entry level bikes for years.

The swing arm is not chrome, BTW, it's polished aluminum.
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    thanks for the response mojo - so how do you think the 575 swingarm will look painted the same color as the main frame?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    What color is your 575 frame?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I am going to get it powdercoated white.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by azmountainkiller
    I am going to get it powdercoated white.
    Isn't the RS revelation gray? I personally think it would look good with the white powder coated frame. I've always like the polished aluminum swingarm better than the powder coated ones Yeti used to use. I had one on my older ASR and it developed chips over time where the rear hub and QR where.

mtbr member

An alternative

would be to paint the fork the same color as the frame. How cool would a stickerless RS Rev be in turquoise?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    would be to paint the fork the same color as the frame. How cool would a stickerless RS Rev be in turquoise?

or yellow, kind of along the lines of the team paint.
    I keep thinking about doing that with my R7...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, not the Tora- please!

Keep the swingarm silver polished and paint the frame white. A black/flat/black/white fork will look good with it.

Did I mention to not get the Tora. Your 575 wil be too embarrassed on the trails.

mtbr member
    I actually want you to paint the rear, only cuz I'm curious as to how it will turn out. I've thought about all white myself (with my grey AM SL fork), but would love for someone else's 575 to be the guinea pig.

Do it!

Ant

Time is not a road.
    '07 Marzocchi AM1 SL in white would be badazz. You'll need to upgrade to the 20mm TA, but that can never be a bad thing...Marzocchi forks have black stanchions (except the 888 and the new race fork which have a nickle coated stanchion (silver)). Thus you could leave the silver rear end.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Yeti Repaint

You may want to run the painted swingarm idea past the Yeti boys, and make sure this won't de-bond the carbon pivots, or some other such issue. Also, recently a rider on one of the other forums had posted a refinish nightmare, where they media blasted the old paint, didn't mask the pivot areas, and added some unwanted clearance to his bearing holes Proceed with caution; that would be bad enough on a Turner where the lose tolerances probably would mask it, but ruin a precision Yeti?!? Sacrilege. I had an old Judy SL powdercoated years ago, and they didn't damage anything, but I had quite an internal clean up job before I could reassemble. They had grit everywhere when they were done. Looked pretty zoomie, though.
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    wow - thank you everyone for all the replies. I am going to give a call to Yeti and ask them about their thoughts on painting the rear swingarm. Pending their approval ( ) I will paint the entire frame white and get the revelation fork. Thank you again to everyone that responded.