Was that a Bobcat?

Need help with size

Hello Yeti board!

I am considering buying a 575 and joining this camp inthe near future. I am 5' 2" and I think that the small frame is my only option. Do you think that the 575 small would still be too big for me? Also what stem size would you think is appropriate for my stature? Any feedback would be great!

On an side topic, how does this bike climb?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    According to yeti's sizing chart a small will fit you - the small fits people starting at 5 foot tall.

Here is their sizing chart, scroll down about halfway ..........

http://www.yeticycles.com/Bikes/Bikes575.cfm

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    According to yeti's sizing chart a small will fit you - the small fits people starting at 5 foot tall.

Here is their sizing chart, scroll down about halfway ..........

- http://www.yeticycles.com/Bikes/Bikes575.cfm

mtbr member
    The bike climbs technical terrain EXTREMELY well. It does well on flat terrain, too. Good luck with you sizing.

Ant

mtbr member
    IMO the best thing to do is measure your current bike and compare the measurements to the Yeti.
    At the very least I would measure TT length, ST length, post to bar horizontal distance (use this to select a stem such that the cockpit length will be the same as your old bike) ,stem length and angle (should be marked on the stem somwhere), bb spindle to saddle rails (probably more informative than ST length, as it will tell you if you can make a different size bike fit), and height or drop of bar relative to saddle. At the small end standover might be an issue, consider measuring that as well.

of course all this assumes you have a bike, and that you are happy with the fit. I doubt any of us got a Yeti as a first bike, but being happy with the fit of your old bike may be an issue. if you have a feel for... "I'd like the bar lower and closer" or whatever, obviously you can work with that.

armed with that info you can easily figure out if you can set up the Yeti to fit the same as your old bike. Stem sizing can be a little complicated, so I made a spreadsheet that figures out forward extension and rise based on stem length, angle and HT angle. I at least found that helpful in selecting a stem.

Was that a Bobcat?
    Thanks for all the info guys.... my lbs just got a small 575 in and I'm going to go and try it out tonight. Hopefully it will work out, I've been reading as much about the 575 as I can and it does sound like the bike that I am looking for.

Adobo Lover
    Standover height is a little tight for me at 5' 6", my inseam is about 31. If you don't care about standover height, then go for it.
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

EDR
    i'm 5'8'' with shoes and debated long and hard between a medium and small. I went with medium.

Be sure to ride this bike before buying. You're a full 6 inches shorter and I find it hard to believe a small will fit ok but I could be wrong. For this kinda of coin the last thing you want is a bike that does not fit.....a complete waste of money. -good luck!

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by amor587
    Hello Yeti board!

I am considering buying a 575 and joining this camp inthe near future. I am 5' 2" and I think that the small frame is my only option. Do you think that the 575 small would still be too big for me? Also what stem size would you think is appropriate for my stature? Any feedback would be great!

On an side topic, how does this bike climb?

Thanks!
    Also check out what Dirt Rag's 5'3" Jeff Guerrero said about it....

http://www.yeticycles.com/Support/Re...411DirtRag.pdf
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Was that a Bobcat?

It turned out fine

I finally got to test ride the small 575 last night. After getting the seat and handlebar adjusted, along with the stem hieght lowered it turned out that the bike was very comfortable for my size. The riding position is most definitely different than my current bike (a Trek Fuel) which has a XC stretch to it, it feels way better and I can see that I will be more comfortable on the 575 on longer rides. The reason I was considering this bike is I needed a bike with more travel, a longer wheel base, and a higher BB height than my current bike. My style of riding has changed a bit from XC to aggressive XC/All mountain. So with a limited budget in mind the 575 seemed to fit the bill. The only thing about it was the standover hieght, but at my height this is basically an issue on any bike in this category. The 575 standover height is just over an inch taller then my Fuel so it was not too bad of an adjustment. So all in all I most definitely will be able to ride this bike! In the end I ended up bringing it home with me last night so I am now a proud owner of a 07 Yeti 575. Thanks everyone for all you input and information! I'm gonna get the bike dialed in this weekend!

Adobo Lover
    Sweet Congratulations!!!! Post some pics!!
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

mtbr member
    Woohoo! Congrats, and welcome to the Tribe.

Now, all we need are pics.

Ant

Was that a Bobcat?
    Thanks everyone.... I will post pictures after I get my Digi Cam back.