Hi!!!

Wink My Yeti is now hibernating

Well......the Yeti is in hibernation for at least the next couple of months or so.

With the way my weekly schedule is panning out for the rest of the year, I'm gonna be lucky if I get on the bike 2-3 times a week. Wednesday and Friday nights are my free days, but I'm gonna try to ride either the SS or road bike those nights depending on the weather and trail conditions. My weekends are gonna be busy so I'll be lucky if I get to ride either on Saturdays or Sundays....again it all depends on the weather. I'll be working a number of weekends during the Christmas shopping season too at REI. Really not too sure how devoted I will be to skate skiing and snowshoeing this winter when the snow flies. So my play time is gonna be stretched thin.

Anyhoo....but yeah....the Yeti is just gonna rest for a while. She'll probably peek out of her cave come February or so if winter ends early.

mtbr member

Catch 22

Why work par time at REI for the pro-deals when you can't have enough time off to enjoy them? heck, i'd rather pay full retail for gear but have the weekends to enjoy them... Get that 575 out of hibernation and take it on some roadtrips!

mtbr member
    Belay, I've read a few of your posts, and I don't think your 575 gets out as much as it should. You should send her to a home that will care for her and take her out more regularly. I'll PM you my address.

Ant

Who is John Galt?

Fall in the Ozarks

Folks, it's fall in the Ozarks, and I have no thoughts of letting my Yeti hibernate. Today and flew home from work, changed, grabbed ths bike and hit my favorite trail. I had trouble finding it with all the leaves on the ground but guess what, that gave me more confidence than I've ever had. Thing was, your couldn't see any of the gnarly stuff so I just rode, cleared stuff I've never done before. Nothing but blue skies here, 48 degrees, and the sun filtering through the alternating red, yellow and still green leaves was amazing. I set out to do one trail just to blow the cobwebs out, ended up doing another much longer and almost got caught by the dark. Got to get some lights if only for he last couple miles. If it's anything like it is in the woods here were you are at, blow off work tomorrow and ride! Quit if you have to -- your Yeti's paid for, right? I'm going to nab some vacation and do it all over again.
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Here is my Yeti's idea of hibernation. Taken today on Slickrock...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Awesome photo! Did you make it all the way up?

mtbr member
    Here are some pics of a ride on my 575 during last years hibernating season.

Ant

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Awesome photo! Did you make it all the way up?
    Yes. However, there were a couple of climbs on Slickrock that are pretty hard to clean on the 575 (even with the fork down to 4") but were easier on the Fuel... On the other hand, playing on the rock formations on the 575 is a TON more fun than on any other bike I've taken to Moab.
    It rained last night so the search for trails that drain well is on.

I met another dude on a black 575 (3 months old) on Slickrock and his bike has similar howling problems like mine (Forumula k24's and Crossmax XL's). Like me, he's tried everything to get rid of the howling... I wonder what percentage of us 575 owners live with the howl??? Mine doesn't howl as much after I rebuilt the wheel but it still does it sporadically.

Rocknrollbarbie's hibernating 575

Funn

Hi!!!
    RE: The "howl" that some of you speak of.....

You are talking about howling from the brakes right? Mine howl (Hayes HFX 9). Brake pads were replaced several months ago. Got new rotors at home, but won't put those on until next spring since the Yeti is gathering dust in the laundry room .

Who is John Galt?
    Someone posted about brake pads that took care of the squeal, seems like they were white or green? I'm ready for new ones, would like to know what else is out there. I have Juicy 7s BTW.

Jim
    What, me hurry?

Salad Days
    Mine howls with new pads and stop as the pads wear out. It doesn't seem to matter which pads are installed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Great pic man, besides laying in a cave for eight months is overrated anyway.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mutaullyassuredsuffering

Same story

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Here is my Yeti's idea of hibernation. Taken today on Slickrock...
    My ASR-SL was just hibernating on that rock last weekend. That bike will climb every thing there no problem. It had no rear brakes compliments of the 9 hours of Moab, so the descents were a little tricky though....

I watched a poor guy on a new Niner SS go tumbling down that hill after stalling out at the top. Ouch!

East Coast Style
    mine will be going under some major upgrades during the winter. cant wait to do some winter riding, love trailing in the snow...even if it is with a 303
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker164
    Mine howls with new pads and stop as the pads wear out. It doesn't seem to matter which pads are installed.
    Aloha,
    My discs aren't howling - but the Ultimate rear aztec pads always howled - old or new replacements. It became a welcome sound in the jungles - came to be known as the "Yeti mating call" by the fellow trail bros. I kinda liked always letting the guy ahead know the Yeti was on his heels.
    David

I like to ride my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio
    Here are some pics of a ride on my 575 during last years hibernating season.

Ant
    Sorry to dig up an old thread. Is the guy on the red bike Frank? ('04 Spec. Stumpy) Mr.Harold Parker?

Also, is your avator Lynn Woods? Thanks.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog