Salt of the Earth

My New 08 575 - Less Country, More Rock N Roll

Hi Yeti Fans,

Picked this up mid November and have been playing with setup, but how it landed in the pics is my favorite for an all round trial / play bike.

Had an 06 575 and have to say I definitely like the improvements that have been made in the Large, especially the longer TT. Also like the way it feels with the 160mm fork better. Great downhill stability, and seems to sit less upright on the front end thean my 06 did.

In the end it came down to a bake off between an 08 Reign 1 and this bike. I have been fairly loyal to those two brands (and a third) mostly because of service and fit. Anyways, rode them both them both for a few weeks, sold the Giant (which IS a very good bike BTW - the Yeti just seemed more "relaxed" and had a lower front end which I like), and the Yeti is here to stay.

Like all of my builds, it is durable (XT / WTB / Stroker) but not glamorous. I noticed alot of the builds here so far are 140mm fork builds so thought I would slip something a bit different into the mix.

Anyways, enjoy - and let me know if you want some other pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nice ride!
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

mtbr member
    Nice!! Your about the only person with the Pewter on here, If you have any more pictures of her, Please, Please, post them!!!!!!!

Salt of the Earth

Yea, I did not realize how bad those pics are...

I will take some close ups of the finish in the next round as well as clearer pics; I had to resize and it made the images very soft. Not sure why but this time I will shoot the images in a native size.

Thanks for the feedback.

P.S. had a choice between Pewter and Black when I bought it; usually I go black but Pewter was too nice to pass up. Looks even better in person than in pics.

Who is John Galt?
    Nice ride! I took the liberty of opening your photo in Photoshop and putting some major unsharp mask on it and played a little with the curves. Looks a little more like the real thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]Good work! That looks clearer.

Very nice bike. For some reason however boring the colour Yeti always makes it look amazing.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

08 575

Great looking ride. The pewter looks killer. I am really starting to warm up to the lines of the 08 575.

Give us a ride report when you get a chance.

Slowly