mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Is my 575 a Single Pivot?

So what's up? Aside from the "dogbone" linkage, the 575 looks alot like a single pivot bike. What's the story.

Does anyone here have a good article, link, or first-hand knowledge of how the 575's suspension design works?

I got rid of my GF Cake, as I was kinda over the single pivot...mostly just due to brake-jack as there was no real noticable 'bob' with the SPV/Swinger shock.

Thanks

mtbr member

Yes

Yes the 575 is a single pivot with a linkage driven shock. The dogbone is used to chnage the leverage ratio throughout the travel. Try doing a search, this topic has been discussed before.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Yes it is technically a single-pivot, but like you I had a basic single-pivot before that had a lot of brake jack. I have never noticed brake jack on the 575, and this bike rides nothing like my old bike.

Don't get too caught up with what type of suspension mechanism it has, the application of the method is more important than the actual method IMO. Look at the Turners, they went from a Horst Link to a Faux Bar and people who had ridden them for years couldn't tell a difference (and some preferred it).