Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008

Monarch Plus Debonair or Float X for SB95c

I had planned on getting the CCBD for my SB95c, but that opportunity is not happening, so I am looking at two other options.

Has anyone tried both the Monarch Plus Debonair and a Float X for the 95?

Thoughts / differences / advantages of one to the other?

And on a related note: where do I source a bushing kit for the Monarch Plus? Dimensions are 22mm x 8mm right?

Jenson popped up in my search, but they are backordered. Not much else comes up.

mtbr member
    try universal cycle.
    18' Orbea Rallon
    16' Yeti SB6
    16' Yeti SB5.5
    16' Yeti SB4.5c
    16' Devinci Troy
    14' Yeti ARCc

Stupid is, as stupid does
    I know that this is an old post. But I ran both shocks on my SB. The Fox was quite mushy through the last t3rd of travel and the rebound was a ***** to play with. The monarch+ felt perfect t/o it's travel. But I really ended up settling on the CCDB Inline.
    Yeti SB95C
    Carver Ti 420
    Ibis HD3

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkmtb View Post
    I know that this is an old post. But I ran both shocks on my SB. The Fox was quite mushy through the last t3rd of travel and the rebound was a ***** to play with. The monarch+ felt perfect t/o it's travel. But I really ended up settling on the CCDB Inline.
    I went with the Monarch Plus as well, and it totally transformed my 95. I wasn't too stoked on how it climbed at first (with the M+), but I ended up going with 30% sag and just flipping the compression switch for climbing. Its insane on the downhill and great for the trail.

Your statement leads me to: so why did you go with the CCDB instead of the Monarch Plus? I almost with the CCDB as well, but my connection flaked and ended up finding a great deal on the M+.

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Be glad you went with Debonair. The CCDB requires frequent service, due to a weak urethane cap, causing cavitation prematurely. No, CCDB service is NOT a DIY job.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne_Pepa View Post
    Be glad you went with Debonair. The CCDB requires frequent service, due to a weak urethane cap, causing cavitation prematurely. No, CCDB service is NOT a DIY job.
    That was part of the reason I bailed on it - my connection did some digging through his source (a shop) - they said they have had a ton of warranty issues with it and warned me about heading that direction.

Stupid is, as stupid does
    I must be lucky in the shock world. I had two 1st gen CCDB Inlines and neither have needed any service with now almost 2 years on them.

The Monarch plus was a very close 2nd for me. But being the larger rider that I am 225lbs geared up the CCDB line of shocks have always worked best for me. Prior to the inline I had the CCDBA on the shock but it was total overkill for the SB95C

There will always be someone with a bad experience. DOesn't mean that they are all bad. I have built myself 4 sets of wheels with LB rims. Never had a bad experience yet if you look at the thread there are plenty of complaints as well.Maybe I am like the Jewish St. Jude, the patron saint of Bad Reputation bike parts.
    Yeti SB95C
    Carver Ti 420
    Ibis HD3