Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

minion dhf 2.5 on 2011 575

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  eatdrinkride 
#1 · (Edited)
has anyone ran these tires?

can i use them for front and rear? i know the rear has a carbon brace with limited clearence.

im thinking about running them so im wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

#2 ·
has anyone ran these tires?

can i use them for front and rear? i know the rear has a carbon brace with limited clearence.

im thinking about running them so im wondering if anyone has any experience with them.
I ran a huge 2.5 Hutchinson up front and liked the extra taction and cushion (you can run lower pressure on these huge tires). It is sure heavier for climbing and XC.
I find no justification to run so big in the rear and I don't think it will fit anyways.

#6 ·
Just to see, I installed a 2.4 NobbyNic on the rear and there was "barely" any room. I'd say 3mm tops from the top thread of the tire to the carbon bridge.

From that, I wouldn't a tire of that size in the rear. However, I'm curious to see how a 2.35 Nobby Nic or Hans Dampf will fit!!

#7 ·
I've ran 2.5 High Rollers in the rear no problem, I would suspect the Minions to be the same. My HR's were from 2 years ago though and measured around 2.35 in reality. Today's HR's/Minions may be larger, IDK.

I still run a 2.35 UST Fat Albert in the rear with no issues. Comes close to the brace when new but doable. Not sure about the height of the 2.4.

This is on an '08 frame if that helps.
On the front run whatever your fork will allow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.