mtbr member

New question here. Medium or Large?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a 575, but I feel I'm right inbetween sizes. I'm 6 foot, 165, 32" inseam...

I think that pust me in the bottom end of the LARGE frame.... but I'm wondering what you all would suggest... since I'm sorta a light wheight. Anyone about my size ride a MEDIUM?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Welcome to my world. See this threads:

I think too much - more sizing indecision

In-between sizes - opinions needed!

Question about your inseam: Is that your true measured inseam, or is it the length of pants you buy? If that's your true inseam, I'd say go with L. If it isn't, measure your inseam by 1) Stand with your back against a wall with your shoes off. 2) Put a large book between your legs and snug it up against your crotch, making sure the edge is flat against the wall. 3) Measure the distance from the floor to the top of the book. 4) Do this a few times and take the average.

I'm 5' 11" / 5' 11.5", have a 33.5" true inseam and long-ish arms. I currently have a L 575 but am considering selling it and getting either a M, or going with a different bike.

To answer your last question, yes there are people here who are our height and ride a M.
    "If you suck, that means I'm better. The more you suck, the better I am. So. Let me count the ways you suck." - Scribb

mtbr member
    Hey Eddie,

For comparision, I'm 6ft, 165lbs w/out gear and ride a medium. Not sure what my true inseam is, but typically wear 32" and 34" leg length trousers. I found I needed a layback post though for more cockpit room with my 90mm stem. I prefer to have a slightly more compact feel than a more stretched one.

Hope that helps a little.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I was also between sizes (5'11") and went with an M with setback post and 110mm stem and it fits me great... I might eventually go with a shorter stem (the setback post stays for my saddle position) I have a 81cm (about 32") inseam, in case it helps.

I guess you could go either way...

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieshowcase
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get a 575, but I feel I'm right inbetween sizes. I'm 6 foot, 165, 32" inseam...

I think that pust me in the bottom end of the LARGE frame.... but I'm wondering what you all would suggest... since I'm sorta a light wheight. Anyone about my size ride a MEDIUM?

Thanks.
    I'm 6' with a longer torso and have ridden the Med and the Large. Large with a 90mm stem fits like a glove. Medium felt to cramped for me.

I would go with a large and adjust the stem size smaller if needed rather than go with a med and get a longer stem.

mtbr member
    I'm also your same size...about 6' .25", 165 lbs, 32" inseam pants, and I ride a Large with the stock stem (90 or 100mm I forget). I tried the medium as well and it just felt way too short, like i was going to hit my knees on the handlebars. The Large definitely fits me perfectly. I also have a shorter stem (50mm) for when I go downhilling.

Gittyup!

I've ridden both sizes...

Why Yeti puts their sizing of Medium and Large right on the bubble of the average male height, I have no idea. Makes for a lot of indecision! For what it's worth... I'm 175lbs, 5'11.5" w/ a 32" inseam and I ended up w/a Large. I spent about 3 hours on each size before buying and for me, the large w/ a 100mm stem was easily the better choice from a fit standpoint. Medium simply felt too bunched up. Everybody's different though.

I'll throw in an additional 2 cents just to muck things up Although many disagree, after the initial "new bike-itis" syndrome wore off after a month or so, I concluded that the 575 was too sluggish, and I didn't care for the handling in the tight technical stuff. Not very nimble in my opinion. I prefer that "snappy" feel. I like riding fast and aggressive too. Ended up w/ a large ASR-SL and couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshowcase
    Hi all,

Thanks.

mtbr member

Smile Fwiw

I'm 6'-1", 190 lbs with a 31" inseam (long torso).
    I have a medium with 120mm stem.
    I personaly like a smaller frame. The L just has a too big of feeling for me.
    Try to get your hands on both and go with your gut, not just the chart on Yeti's site.
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies folks... I just have to sell my Fuel race bike now... go test ride a few Yeti's.