mtbr member
    May 2006

Measured myself to death!! Please help me choose the right size frame for a 575....

I've spent 2 hours last Sunday taking my body measurements and ended up with the following figures and an angry girlfriend!! (she was helping me ;-)

Inseam: 33"
    Trunk: 23.4"
    Arm: 25.2"
    Height: 5' 8.4"

So what do you think: Small or Medium in a Yeti 575?? (with Enduro Build Kit)

What size do you guys use?

Thanks

Mike

mtbr member
    May 2006

Go Medium!

Hi,
    I am almost the same size as you except for slightly shorter in seam.
    My bike is a medium - I think you will find a small too short.
    C.

Hi!!!
    You have a somewhat fairly long inseam (uhhh well mine is 30 so anything longer than that is "fairly long" to me ). I rode a small 575 around last year and really had to jack the seat up so that I would feel comfortable on it. I'm guessing you would have to have a fairly long seatpost if you went with a small. I was on the cusp of medium and small and went with medium. The Yeti guy confirmed this. The small just felt too small in the cockpit. But then again I kinda like having a more XC feel to my ride than upright'ish like a FR/DH bike...that's mainly cuz around here we have to do alot of climbing to get back down.
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

mtbr member
    May 2006

Go medium!

Mike,
    I spent ages trying to work it out too.
    I am not sure how to post a pic but if you want to see my bike eg. how much seatpost is showing etc please give me your email and I will send a pic.
    The top tube length will feel too short for you on a small, unless you are used to a bmx!
    Chaser.

EDR
    Medium. I'm 5'8'' with a 30 inch inseam and am very comfortable on the med. The only issue I have is that when I get behind and below the seat on steep drops I can really get into trouble. Sometimes my crotch area gets caught behind the seat and makes for a scary moment. I attribute that to my shortness in the arms and legs not the bike size so much. An extra inch less on the TT might help this issue slightly but at the expense of overall comfort. The 575 has an upright riding position naturally so a small frame will expound on this, not what I need. Go medium, should be perfect for you.

mtbr member

medium

No question....maybe an 80mm stem?