mtbr member

maybe an sb 650b bike in my future?

I love Yeti yet I am curious about its potential for fullsusser offerings in this new trendy size. Common knowledge on this forum is that Yeti keeps the new offerings on the DL.

Hardtail? Nah, got some old bikes that are fine and light, too. I'm only of average stature so a 650b/carbon superbike would be pimp!!

Reason I'm hopeful is the sb95c, shows the shift in design think-tanking. I don't pray but in this case I will.

Saving my silver dollars.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Yeti usually isn't first to the market, and they aren't going to rush a model now. They are going to take their time and perfect the design to best reflect the Yeti. When they do release a 650, you can bet it will be awesome.

Long live the ASR-7
    If Yeti releases a carbon 650b with a 6" switch I'll be the first on the preorder list. The Bronson actually has me considering another brand. I love my ASR-7 for now.

mtbr member
    I will as well. My 575 will do for now, still love it!
    Hope they include a 66.5 HA and some color options on any 650 they come up with.
    My bud has a SC Nomadc, loves it, but he has his eye on the Bronson. That's one sweet ride.
    I'm so glad we're gettin into carbon territory, makes for more options!

650b me
    Yeti is on my short list of companies for a 650b FS. Switch technology w/5" travel, please.

mtbr member
    Yeti 650b Full Sussy!

I'd be all over that like a 'Hobo on a hot dog'!

Yeti...are you listening?
    You gotta Get Up to Get Down!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doba View Post
    If Yeti releases a carbon 650b with a 6" switch I'll be the first on the preorder list.

The Bronson actually has me considering another brand.
    ^^^ This!

I think a Bronson C might edge out the SB66C for me.... but a SB7.56, hmmm that would definitely keep me on a Yeti!
    Ridin' & Diggin'

mtbr member
    ASR 750 5" would be the goods. I've supported Yeti for a long ass time and unfortunate for me, I'm not sold on the switch tech so the 575 will the whip this summer....again.
    you can get passed a dog... nobody fuks with a lion

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I have a Nomadc and much prefer it to the Bronson I demoed today. I can't quite explain it. I like 29ers too the 27.5 just seemed like a compromise to me. Not as much fun as 26" and not as much momentum and roll over as a 29". I was all about it too before I rode it. When its time to buy another bike I will give the wheel size another chance but I'm not selling my Nomad to get one that's for sure.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    It's certainly possible especially on the small/medium framed bikes if Yeti roll out the "right size wheel for the right size bike" approach of the ARC Carbon.
    That is class leading and AFAIK they are the first to actively peruse this approach, it's one of the "why the hell didn't anyone think of this before" type of approaches, which all the best ideas usually are. I did always wonder how smaller people on S and XS bikes got on with 29ers but never extrapolated it how Yeti have as it didn't affect me, seemingly nobody else did either but its obvious really..

Makes perfect sense, but makes it more complex for the customers and spares borrowing on the trail etc.

Main reason I've yet to take the 29er plunge is it means me buying new wheels/tyres and forks and none of it will be backwards compatible with my other bikes so I've got limited transferable spares. It's a big barrier for me that. I've ridden a couple of 29ers and TBH I wasn't sold as they felt sluggish but I guess that was mainly lack of experience on them.

Not Bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash-VR View Post
    I have a Nomadc and much prefer it to the Bronson I demoed today. I can't quite explain it. I like 29ers too the 27.5 just seemed like a compromise to me. Not as much fun as 26" and not as much momentum and roll over as a 29". I was all about it too before I rode it. When its time to buy another bike I will give the wheel size another chance but I'm not selling my Nomad to get one that's for sure.
    ^^^ THIS is exactly what I found when I demo'd a Tracer 275 a while back, I couldn't see any benefits over 29" at all. Maybe 27.5 works for shorter people but for me I'm more than happy with 29. I also rode 26 again for the first time in about a year over this past weekend - SLOOOOOOOOW!

LCW
    mtbr member

maybe an sb 650b bike in my future?

Love my 575 - especially the way it's set up right now. But in a couple years, if Yeti releases their take on 650b... I'll certainly be looking at it... Yeti took their time with 29ers and do it right... so I expect to do the same with 650b.
    2011 Yeti 575 - 2015 Fox Float 36 RC2 160 / Fox Float X - 30.6 lbs

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'm guessing Yeti is going to replace the ASR5 with a SB 6505 (or 27.55 or whatever) - basically like the new Santa Cruz Solo. I'm loving my 5 more than ever, but that would get my attention when it comes time for a new bike. But it is interesting to hear more and more people express something like crashvr and justj - that 27.5 just doesn't seem to offer as much as the move from 26 to 29 did.