trail "cleaner"

Longer stroke shock 2.25" vs. 2.0"

Just curious if anybody has mounted up a 7.875 x 2.25" stroke shock on their 575. Wondering if the additional stroke length would cause issues with the dog bone or cause too much flex on the CF pivots. Or, would it just give the bike more travel.....Hmmmmmm
    No dabs allowed!

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    Just curious if anybody has mounted up a 7.875 x 2.25" stroke shock on their 575. Wondering if the additional stroke length would cause issues with the dog bone or cause too much flex on the CF pivots. Or, would it just give the bike more travel.....Hmmmmmm
    I was told directly by Yeti that a 2.25" stroke shock wouldn't work, something would hit.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure the tire will hit the seat tube if you were to do that. Test it by letting all the air out of your shock, compress it all the way, and then picture where all the components will be when the wheel moves another .75" worth of travel. Don't think its gonna work.

trail "cleaner"

Good Call!

Quote Originally Posted by JustMtnB44
    I'm pretty sure the tire will hit the seat tube if you were to do that. Test it by letting all the air out of your shock, compress it all the way, and then picture where all the components will be when the wheel moves another .75" worth of travel. Don't think its gonna work.
    I should have thought of that I've done this already and marked the shock shaft with a permanent marker for reference of getting all of my travel on rides. Should have checked then and see how much more clearance (if any) there was. Now, thinking about this again.... I also know that if the chainstays come up any higher, it's smacking the front derailleur cage (already doing it anyway).
    OK, my mind is through thinking about getting 2.25" stroke shock and thanks gang for Steering me straight
    No dabs allowed!

Starts B, ends Rant.
    Wasn't there some discussion at one point that the DHX Air shock has a 2.25' stroke? I thought there was a difference in the stroke between the DHX Air and the RP3 on the '06 models. I'm probably confused....

mr. wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by AZmtncycler
    Just curious if anybody has mounted up a 7.875 x 2.25" stroke shock on their 575......Hmmmmmm
    getting some frankenideas from the lab 2 doors up? (i'd do a little smiley face here but they don't work on my smart phone)