Powered by ice cream.

A little Yeti appreciation

I have never ridden a Yeti, but had seen a few on the trails, and admired them in various Passionite posts here on MTBR.

I was at a LBS yesterday, and they had a 575 frame hanging there.

I took it down, and was truly blown away by the build detail and quality of this frame. This coming from an owner of 3 Ventanas. Simply beautiful in person...photos do not do it justice.

The complexity of the tubing, and construction quality are a testament to what Taiwan can do for your money now a days. All this in a package that is $700-800 Iess than a comparable Ventana frame.

I fear for American frame manufacturers.

I hope they ride half as good as they appear to be designed and constructed.

I also hope they put out a 29'er soon.

Cheers.

Adobo Lover
    I'll be honest with you Enel, I've never ridden a Ventana but I've drooled over a few. At this time, you really can't go wrong with any high end frame manufactuer. There are some great bikes out there, american or taiwanese made. Yeah, they do ride rather well for being 700-800 dollars less than the turners and ventanas. I love my 575 but I wouldn't mind having a ventana right next to it.
    National Athletic Trainers' Association, www.nata.org

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Stumpy
    I'll be honest with you Enel, I've never ridden a Ventana but I've drooled over a few. At this time, you really can't go wrong with any high end frame manufactuer. There are some great bikes out there, american or taiwanese made. Yeah, they do ride rather well for being 700-800 dollars less than the turners and ventanas. I love my 575 but I wouldn't mind having a ventana right next to it.
    The other manufacturers are starting to pour on the competition too with the introduction of the all carbon fiber frames. This month's MBA has a new Specialized on the cover that is a carbon fiber 6" dual suspension with a triple crown fork and 25mm Maxle that weighs a paltry 27LBS...