Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Handmade in Switzerland

Good job! Is this the lightest Yeti 575???

Now my Yeti 575 is built.

My focus was set to leightweigt parts where they make sense and had no impact to the riding potential of the bike.

The result is nice, isnt't it?

Yeti575_web.JPG

Facts:

Size: L
    Weight: 11,5 kg / 25,4 lbs (with 2.4 Tires)

This is absolutely the best bike i ever had. And i had much bikes in the past...

Regards from Switzerland

mat
    Last edited by maettu; 07-10-2006 at 04:53 AM.

mtbr member

congrats!

Beautifull bike!.
    How did you get so light?.
    Please post your build spec and attache weights if you can.
    Mine is a medium with Talas upfront so I started lighter than you (unless black is lighter than white ). I went light wheels cranks saddle and handlebar. The only "heavy" part on my build is the juicy 7's (that also required a DT adaptor disk at 20g x 2).
    Yet your bike is more than a kg lighter (mine is 12.6kg).
    How did you do this magic?

Handmade in Switzerland
    I will post more pictures and the parts list soon. I will be away this weekend so i post the stuff next week...

mtbr member
    May 2006

Lightest 575?

Wow, that is is light!

I wonder if the Anno frame is lighter than a painted frame?

According to Yeti you could save another half pound with a carbon rear but I just can't see it myself!

Mine weighs just under 26 lbs

I am on Crossmax SL wheels [same tires but 2.25] and Thomson stem/post, also Fox talas XTT fork - otherwise mine is the same as yours.

I think yours must be the lightest you can go without sacrificing strength and handling.

Congrats'

Chaser.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaser
    Wow, that is is light!

I wonder if the Anno frame is lighter than a painted frame?

According to Yeti you could save another half pound with a carbon rear but I just can't see it myself!

Mine weighs just under 26 lbs

I am on Crossmax SL wheels [same tires but 2.25] and Thomson stem/post, also Fox talas XTT fork - otherwise mine is the same as yours.

I think yours must be the lightest you can go without sacrificing strength and handling.

Congrats'

Chaser.
    Hey Chaser
    I figured out you ride the Crossmax SL but I think it only saves 150gr compared to my 819 with XTR?. Where else can you save?. Got carbon handlebar ,XT cranks, very light saddle and tires are 2.1 at 540gr and no tubes. Oh well I have at least 1 pound of sealant in my tires. Can not ride without sealant here since we have special thorns (folks calls them ninjas) that will flat you couple of times every ride. You don't have those I guess. I did not flat for 3 years with regular tubes on bay area trails but it is different now.
    Other than the sealant, are there any more ideas where to save weight?.

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by maettu
    Facts:

Great looking bike, but are you sure about that weight? Seems really low to me. I have a L with RP3 and Pike 454 UTurn Air as well, and mine is 29.9lbs.

I'm sure you are saving some weight in tires/wheels as I have a Kenda 2.35 tires on mine and DT5.1/Hadley wheels. Other parts on mine are:

Thomson Masterpiece seatpost
    FSA carbon bar
    Thomson x4 stem
    eggbeater S pedals
    XTR crankset (with Ti Cogs)
    SRAM x.9 shifters & der.
    SRAM 990 cassette
    991 chain

Regardless of the weight, I love mine they are great bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I see a triple ring up front, no 29/44 or single 32...

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Great looking bike, but are you sure about that weight? Seems really low to me.
    Yea I'm going to agree... it's gotta be at least 27 lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Bull

I call bull pucky, it doesn't make you cool to have a light bike. It really doesn't make you cool to lie about it.

mtbr member
    May 2006

575 Weight?

Hey Green Bonty,
    I can send you the list of component weights if you are interested....I have it all.
    Of course, not all weighing equipment will give the same result, so some will always be lighter / heavier.
    If I was obsessed with weight I would have gone for the ASR but I prefer the do-it-all nature of the 575 - you can go so much quicker downhill with all that plush travel.
    I am sure I have read that paint will add about 200 - 250g somewhere - I have the anno frame so maybe there is a saving there.
    Hope you managed to sort your front mech'
    Regards,
    Chaser

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Hey Trail Nazi,
    Don't worry about it, it's only a bike!
    Cheers Chaser.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Sorry Green Bonty, just realised it was Big Jim with the front Mech problem - must go to bed, very tired!
    Chaser

EDR
    I have a painted '05 frame w/RP3.
    Thomson post
    RF stem
    RF evolve crank set
    Pike (coil, 3.6 lbs)
    819's with Kenda Nevegal 2.35's

26.5 lbs!

-just stirring the pot so to speak...

mtbr member

pike coil at 3.6??

I thought pike was heavier than Revelation which is 4.1 I believe.
    Regards
    GB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    I have a painted '05 frame w/RP3.
    Thomson post
    RF stem
    RF evolve crank set
    Pike (coil, 3.6 lbs)
    819's with Kenda Nevegal 2.35's

26.5 lbs!

-just stirring the pot so to speak...
    Dude, that's light with a Pike (how did you get the Pike that light?)!
    Mine is right at 27lbs with a Revelation, XTR wheelset and 2.35 Stick-E BG and Mutano 2.4 rear!

The Silent Rider
    Nov 2004

lightness....

is a crutch.....
    YETI 575
    TREK 4900
    GIANT OCR C2

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Piffle! Lightness can (note the use of the word can) be the difference between a bike that rides like a slug and makes every hillclimb a nightmare and a bike that feels nimble, quick to accellerate, fast to change direction and easy to crest hills on.

Provided that the low weight build doesn't come at the expense of rideability or appropriateness for the task at hand I think shedding a few pounds off the rig (especially in the area of tyres, tubes rims or in places that give you a higher centre of gravity such as bars, stem, saddle and seatpost) is fine.

I draw the line where folks build up rigs with wheelsets that are fragile, tyres that won't grip on the sort of trails they ride, stems and bars that snap or are too narrow to give them good control, forks with half of the damping internals removed. Lightness for lightness sake alone is a strange goal, especially when taken to extreme.

In moderation and where appropriate, the pursuit of lightness can make a good bike a great bike.

My 2.7 cents... (damn exchange rate!)

mtbr member

Good try Bro...

Now my Yeti 575 is built.

My focus was set to leightweigt parts where they make sense and had no impact to the riding potential of the bike.

The result is nice, isnt't it?

Facts:

This is absolutely the best bike i ever had. And i had much bikes in the past...

Regards from Switzerland

mat
    So did you take the wheels off to weigh the bike?
    I would say is no less than 27lbs. I had pussier and lighter parts than you did on my 575 and (fox rlc, velocity/laser disc lite wheels, carbon bar, xtr crank) and it was 27.lbs.

In the all mountain world your bike is light if it is 27 to 35lbs. My buddys 6-pack is 33lbs, and my spot is like 28lbs and we smoked everyone on the trail today. Yes, all 22lbs hard tails included.

A "light-25lbs" all mountain bike is an oxymoron.
    Sit and spin my ass...

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Zion Rasta
    I would say is no less than 27lbs. I had pussier and lighter parts than you did on my 575 and (fox rlc, velocity/laser disc lite wheels, carbon bar, xtr crank) and it was 27.lbs.

In the all mountain world your bike is light if it is 27 to 35lbs. My buddys 6-pack is 33lbs, and my spot is like 28lbs and we smoked everyone on the trail today. Yes, all 22lbs hard tails included.

Mighty nice of you, most have carried more than a dime baggy then

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    Mighty nice of you, most have carried more than a dime baggy then
    Sorry, I forgot a preposition - with....

we smoked with everyone in the trail . Including the all the 22lbs the rasta guy in the hardtail was carrying.

Jah Live!

Sorry I got carried away on my comments, but you got the point. 25lbs on a yet 575 - That is more of a Davide useless bike than anything else. It makes me think of the fat guy on the miata.
    Sit and spin my ass...

Hi!!!
    flipnidaho's 575 is pretty damn light. But then again he has a small!!!
    Idaho Biking Yahoo! Group
    Support these shops: www.CustomMtnCycles.com & Reed's Cycle

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride
    Pike (coil, 3.6 lbs)
    Closer to 5.6 than 3.6. My air Pike is over 4lbs, coil is even heavier.

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    Closer to 5.6 than 3.6. My air Pike is over 4lbs, coil is even heavier.
    Pike 454 Air U-Turn without Poplock is 4.72 pounds including Maxle.

Handmade in Switzerland

No good Let's do it

Quote Originally Posted by Zion Rasta

Ok, you "i know everything" man. Tell me only one part you have on your 575 that is lighter than mine!!!

I'm waiting....

To all. Why should i lie about the weight? I'm not stupid...what's wrong with you guys?

The question is, what is your riding style. I agree this 575 is no hardcore freerider. I do not need that. In Switzerland, we have hight mountains. I'm doing long epic rides and singletrails. And for this, my 575 is one of the best bikes on the planet.

I will post the partslist, weights and more pictures soon...

mtbr member
    May 2006

Try helium in your tires!

Ok, you "i know everything" man. Tell me only one part you have on your 575 that is lighter than mine!!!

I'm waiting....

To all. Why should i lie about the weight? I'm not stupid...what's wrong with you guys?

The question is, what is your riding style. I agree this 575 is no hardcore freerider. I do not need that. In Switzerland, we have hight mountains. I'm doing long epic rides and singletrails. And for this, my 575 is one of the best bikes on the planet.

I will post the partslist, weights and more pictures soon...
    Hey Maettu,
    I do not think you are lying.
    My bike is just under 26lbs and I can see where you have some lighter stuff than me.
    I too have a parts list with all the weights if the sceptics would like to see.
    I wonder if we should inflate our tires with Helium???!!! It might not make them much lighter but yours would float with those 2.4's!
    I have also seen ASR's that weigh 22lbs and if you think about it, the ASR frame is only 1 lb lighter than the 575 frame and a 130mm fork might be 1lb heavier than a 100mm fork.
    That would make a 575, 2 lbs heavier than an ASR at 22 lbs - so in theory a 24lb 575 would be possible.
    Please remember everyone, we are not in the Yeti forum to argue with each other. We all love Yeti's and are here to share our experience and help each other.
    Maettu, I very much enjoyed your 'lightest 575' post and the pics [even if yours is lighter than mine!]
    I still recon anno finish must be lighter than paint.
    Enjoy your 575.
    Chaser.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast