Thread: Lawwill DH^

Go Fast

Lawwill DH^

Hello a friend of a friend is practically giving this Lawwill DH6 away does anyone know how well it will handle DH today? I know the fork has only six inches of travel so I was thinking about putting my Shiver on it and riding it for downhill. As for the rear shock I know they no longer make them what would I do if it blew out?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Its a killer bike.... I would take it. the suspension geometry is really good. Handles bumps well for only 6" travel, but does not have any ramp up or anti bottom out.

the shock is completely out of date. The pedaling performance cannot compare to today's standard.... If the shock fails you will probably find some old parts in a wearhouse somewhere. but dont count on it. The shock is really simple, so the chances of failure are a lot lower than some of the newer complex ones.

I have an old Lawill 6 also, i have retired the frame, and dont ride it anymore, but it is a classic so i keep it in the rafters.
    I am a yeti addict, 8 in all:
    Currently built:
    ASR-SL, 575, DH9, Road Project, FRO
    Currently in Pieces:
    ASX, Lawill-6,ARC

www.yetifan.com
    Tim Flooks had shock parts to repair it. I also heard of people fitting the DH-8 shock, but it takes a bit of work.

Those old shocks are floating around, you just need to keep an eye out.

Looks a nice example, if its all tight then go for it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Very Nice...speaking of DH8 shocks...I desperately need one! Anyone know where to find?