Linoleum Knife

The King is dead. Long Live the King!

Finished up the build yesterday.

Quick question on the front der. cabling for a 575 - Did you all just flip the standard BB cable guide around to run the wire per Yeti's instructions? Just wondering how that works in the long term - seems a little weird.

The Broken AS-R - RIP

So - here's the build. Mostly just parts from my ASR minus the things that have changed - Front D, Seatpost, fork, front wheel, stem and - of course - the frame.

It didn't cost much. Thanks to Yeti and my buddy Dan, I am rolling with a rear shock once again. Now I just need the rain to stop. Special thanks to Full Cycles in Boulder for running across town and picking up a Maverick crown on short notice, so a very pretty girl could bring it down to Durango for me.

The Frame

Holding pattern awaiting a Fork

Drinking and Bike Building don't mix

Trying to find 6' of Shift-cable housing at 4:50 on a Sunday afternoon

The finished product

Assume the position

2007 575 w/ DHX Air
    Maverick DUC32 & 24-7 / ZTR355 SpeedDream built Front Wheel
    XT Rear wheel & Crank
    Avid Mechs (Juicy's to come?)
    SRAM X.0 9.0 X.7
    And about 50 miles of housing and new cables.
    Last edited by forkboy; 10-11-2006 at 06:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Is that the normal Yeti teal-ish color? Because the blue it came out as in that first pic looks amazing.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    @Suicider: the first pic was of his broken ASR frame if I am not mistaken.

@Forkboy: Awesome to see the complete build, it looks really sweet, congrats again!

Who is John Galt?
    Post up on that fork, never heard much on those and it's the first I've seen on a Yeti. That red seat's gonna have to go! Otherwise another classy Yeti, don't break this one!
    What, me hurry?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Post up on that fork, never heard much on those and it's the first I've seen on a Yeti. That red seat's gonna have to go! Otherwise another classy Yeti, don't break this one!

Yeah, I'm eager to hear about that fork too - those things are crazy-light, but I have to wonder about flex. Maverick's axle setup is really nice.

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo

@Forkboy: Awesome to see the complete build, it looks really sweet, congrats again!
    Yup - first pic is broken AS-R.

Thanks Cris. It finally stopped raining and I get to take it on it's maiden voyage at lunch. Should be interesting!

Sweet! Go get it muddy now!

Cheers

Linoleum Knife
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Aw - c'mon - that red seat is great!

It could be worse - At least I didn't use the purple one.

I'm curious about the fork too. I do know that the 100mm setting is for crap, but full on it's smooth. At least around the cul-de-sac. I don't know how long it's been since it was serviced either. Seems a wee bit sticky, but for what I paid - it doesn't matter if it needs to be rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by forkboy
    Finished up the build yesterday.

Quick question on the front der. cabling for a 575 - Did you all just flip the standard BB cable guide around to run the wire per Yeti's instructions? Just wondering how that works in the long term - seems a little weird.

One more thing, I flipped the guide as per Yeti's instructions and so far so good...

Linoleum Knife
    Sweet! Go get it muddy now!

Cheers
    Bwa ha hahahhah hahahah.

I love it.

It's muddy. I need to drop the air in the Duc by about 10, add 5 to the DHX, but that thing still handles like a dream.

Who needs better brakes when you have that much travel?

Awesome... I am still setting up my cockpit.. I am about to switch my dual controls for the 07 xt rapidfires ard regular XT disc levers.. I have read that power (or feel actually) is supposed to be better with the regular levers.... sorry about the thread jacking...

Any more details on how the Duc rides?

Linoleum Knife
    Any more details on how the Duc rides?
    It's a little on the harsh side for small-bump performance, but I left it set up for someone about 20lbs heavier than me. I'm not used to having 1.5" of sag in a fork - usually I ride XC rigs, so it's more like 15mm.

I guess I will actually follow the recommendations in the owners manual. I like to pretend in my mind that I'm a bigger guy than I really am.

No noticeable flex. I didn't jump off anything major - a little 3 ft jump and off a couple 2-ft rocks. It was real smooth on the bigger stuff. But I'm not using the full travel with the current PSI.

But that DHX-Air freaking ROCKS. Took about 15 minutes to get the propedal set up, and - like the fork - it's weird riding with all that sag, but once I got the propedal dialed in it pedaled like an XC rig and still ate up anything I ran over.

Yeah - it'll take a while to get the cockpit dialed in. Seat needs to go back about 1/2", and a slightly longer stem would be nice - but that'd be another $90. Damn integration. Takes all the fun out of clearance sales.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I meant the first pic of the shiny new 575

mtbr member

Dead ASX

I know the feeling.
    Attached Images Attached Images