Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jared Graves hubs set up?

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  odin 
#1 ·
I noticed from the Pietermaritzburg pictures around the web that Jared was riding hubs that look like DT Swiss 190's on his 4x bike... can anyone confirm this?

btw if you guys are going to Fort Williams next weekend maybe you might spy his bike set up hehe.

#7 ·
KentM: No I haven't, I spoke with a guy here in the states that runs a website wheelbulider.com and he stated it can't be done in the front but easily done on the rear with any of the conversion kits (10mm or 12mm), I will send an email DT directly and see what they say! thank you

#8 ·
I was right, this is what DT replied:

Hello Mario,

The 190, like the other hubs, cannot be converted up to a 15mm. It is only the 240 and 440 20mm which can be converted down to 15mm.

Best Regards,
David Agapito
Technical Services
DT Swiss, Inc
2493 Industrial Blvd
Grand Junction, CO 81505
http://www.dtswiss.com
techusa@dtswiss.com

now makes more sense what kamikaze ideki said about the special stuffs for the teams.

anyone going to fort williams this weekend, please take few spy shots to jared's bike and esp. his wheelset!!

#10 ·
lifeis11: I wanted the hub but after I heard this new reply from DT...:

this what I asked them after the last reply posted above:

Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:03 AM
To: Agapito David
Subject: Re: 190 hub

Thank you so much, we had a discussion in the forum about the subject because of few pictures showing Jared Graves had 190's on his bike in the last World Cup, and he was running Fox Racing shox 831 with 15mm dropout, it might be possible this 190's are specially made for him as a team rider?

Thanks again!

Mario

Sent from my iPhone

then they replied me with this:

Or they are just 240 hubs with a 190 decal logo. (I have seen a few re-logo's hubs over the years - including 190's with other brand logo). You can put ceramic bearings in most hubs that use standard size cartridge bearings such as a 2009-10 era 240S 15mm.

Best Regards,
David Agapito
Technical Services
DT Swiss, Inc
2493 Industrial Blvd
Grand Junction, CO 81505
http://www.dtswiss.com
techusa@dtswiss.com

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named herein. If you are not the herein named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or otherwise make use of this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete this e-mail from your system.

P.S. WOW... I NEED those ceramic bearings for my 240's ASAP, I seriously didn't know about that!

#13 ·
I found out by Graves Mechanic Shaun the following info :

Here is what shaun said about the hubs in the previous thread.........

Yeah the rear is a 190, front is a 240 with a different sticker, as they havent made the 190 with a 15mm yet. The freehub body is from a 240, but it has the ceramic bearings. Needs this as the splines on the 190 usually cant handle gate starts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.