Hi!!!

"It's been ___ days since I've had any Yeti Passion!"

As of today that # is 8. Does that make me a bad Yeti owner!?

I've got some good excuses though....
    ROUGH work week...both at the office and REI.

Uhhhh that's pretty much it.

Tomorrow I'd like to ride, but I'm conflicted by going to either a bike maint. class or my alma mater's volleyball game. I'm leaning towards the volleyball game, but man I'm jonesing for a ride!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    For me it's been 10 days since my 1st ride (and lost the infamous hanger screw), but I don't feel as bad because it has been raining like crazy and have ridden the SS instead.

Today I got a spare hanger so I will be able to ride when the weather gets better

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    As of today that # is 8.

Tomorrow I'd like to ride, but I'm conflicted by going to either a bike maint. class or my alma mater's volleyball game. I'm leaning towards the volleyball game, but man I'm jonesing for a ride!
    dude... go ride. winter is around the corner... i mean really... think about it... Volleyball over riding???

Hi!!!
    As much as I love biking, I've always been a staunch supporter of BSU athletics...goes all the way back to when I was a freshman in 1990.

Tomorrow is a volleyball game. Thursday is the home opener against Sacramento State. Friday is a soccer game. And then on top of that I have to work both this upcoming Sat. and Sun. at the store. I don't have tix for Thursday so I'm definately riding then and more than likely I'll ride Friday. Man I do want to hit up that volleyball game though!!!

In my mind, I can do it!
    As of today that # is 8. Does that make me a bad Yeti owner!?

I've got some good excuses though....
    ROUGH work week...both at the office and REI.

Uhhhh that's pretty much it.

You cheat on your beloved and then complain about not getting a ride in a while... Shame, shame.... She deserves more. If you continue to treat her with disrespect like that she will leave you man... Next thing you know someone else will start paying her more attention, probably your best friend, and before you know it, she will be gone.

Who is John Galt?

Hand over your shock

Volleyball over riding? Man, that's not even a sport. And soccer is a foreign sissy sport (constantly repeating that got me through two sons with neither playing soccer).

If you're going to watch volleyball, send me your RP3. Mine's been getting repaired for two weeks now. It's so bad i put the SPDs back on my Fisher and if I don't get a call that the shock is back I'm going to ride the Fisher tomorrow. I'm beginning to understand why people switch to rigid suspension singlespeeds. I may even go fixed gear! But it's going to be turquoise...
    What, me hurry?

In my mind, I can do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac
    Volleyball over riding? Man, that's not even a sport. And soccer is a foreign sissy sport (constantly repeating that got me through two sons with neither playing soccer).

If you're going to watch volleyball, send me your RP3. Mine's been getting repaired for two weeks now. It's so bad i put the SPDs back on my Fisher and if I don't get a call that the shock is back I'm going to ride the Fisher tomorrow. I'm beginning to understand why people switch to rigid suspension singlespeeds. I may even go fixed gear! But it's going to be turquoise...
    What's wrong with the RP3? Was it under warranty? If mine goes out and is outside of the warranty it will either be replaced with a RP23 or sent to PUSH for a mod.

Don't get a SS unless you plan on neglecting your Yeti. Just about everyone I know that got their SS going pretty much ride them exclusively and neglect even their most expensive FS bikes... Which is why I won't build mine out for quite a while...

Hi!!!
    So what's biking? Look at all the sissies out there wearing lycra and male only group rides. Brokeback Biking is what I call it.

Your RP3 get the infamous "stuck down" crap? That's what happened to mine earlier this year after a particularly cold winter ride. It got sent back to Fox and I think I was out 2-3 weeks.

For a while there I was seriously considering getting a backup rear shock, but it's still unconfirmed whether or not the RP3 is valved differently specifically for the 575 versus that of a RP3 on another bike with a different design.

Nah! Get an SS Big Jim... it is great complement to the FS.. specially in winter... when its wet and muddy I love riding my SS...

Cheers,
    Cris

Who is John Galt?
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    What's wrong with the RP3? Was it under warranty? If mine goes out and is outside of the warranty it will either be replaced with a RP23 or sent to PUSH for a mod.

Don't get a SS unless you plan on neglecting your Yeti. Just about everyone I know that got their SS going pretty much ride them exclusively and neglect even their most expensive FS bikes... Which is why I won't build mine out for quite a while...
    "Well, I was just riding along when..."

Actually that's about what happened. I thought the ride was a little too soft so I added some air. Went back out on the trail and the bike was all over the place. had about decided I had lost all the skill I ever required when I noticed the travel was nonexistant. I pumped it back up and you could just watch the gauge go down on the pump. I was hoping the gauge was bad but that wasn't the case. I took it to the LBS and let them deal with Fox.

No doubt warranty will cover it, only a month old. Meanwhile I wait rather imaptiently. Right now the trails around here are a mud bath. It didn't rain at all in August and last week we got about 5 inches overnight. Went from drought to flash flood warnings in one day. so I guess it's all good, I'm supposed to be writing this history book at night and the bike was really sapping my work ethic. But the book's all done and now I'm aching to ride...or maybe go watch a volleyball game...
    What, me hurry?

But the book's all done and now I'm aching to ride...or maybe go watch a volleyball game...
    Go find some nice soccer game

Who is John Galt?
    No single speed for me -- I'm 44 and I've joined the comfort crowd for good. Every climb I do I'm wishing I had more gears. But if I did get one it would be a 29er. I bet that's next for Yeti (after the carbon frame).
    What, me hurry?

Hi!!!
    Hey flip --- I'm SS'ing tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone send me the ASR frame so I can SS it!!!

Thursday and Friday I'm Yeti'ing!!!

mtbr member
    Hey flip --- I'm SS'ing tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone send me the ASR frame so I can SS it!!!

Thursday and Friday I'm Yeti'ing!!!
    My faith has been restored in you Nick. I was worried about you for a while... hehe..
    You can't SS an ASR. You'll want an ARC for that...

Who is John Galt?
    OK, here's my single speed. Only problem is, I keep setting the woods on fire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What, me hurry?

Hi!!!
    FINALLY rode the Yeti tonight up at Rock Island....Boise's only real dedicated place to ride on rocks, rocks, and more rocks!!! Too much damn fun!!! Hope to do it again next week!!!!