mtbr member

Installing Joplin R seatpost on ASR5C

I just got a Joplin R seatpost for my ASR 5C. I thought I had read that it was pre-setup for the cable routing, but it doesn't appear to be. Anyone have any insight or photos of an ASR5 with a Joplin? From what I can tell, I need to bind my cable to the FD cable, but I do not go under the BB. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I do not have a Joplin installed but I can assume the cable routing is on the toptube. One clamp is the small triangle where the dogbone hangs and the second one is just below the "5".

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    We have a 5C in the shop and it doesn't have cable guides for adjustable seatposts. The Aluminium 5 in the the shop DOES have the guides.
    http://wembleycycles.com/ Yeti Cycles Dealer for Western Australia.

mtbr member
    Paperplane, that explains a lot. Thank you.

I think I am going to go and buy a longer cable today and bind it to the rear brake cable and then under the bottom bracket and up the seat post.

I tested a run along the top tube where I actually put it through the shock pivot point. It doesn't seem to compress when the shock moves, but it seems like a bad idea to have a cable up there.

mtbr member
    I used a couple of stick-on cable guides to route a Joplin 4 on my ASR5C. I run them both on the toptube. One is a bit behind the headtube and the other is just above the front shock mount. The cable then loops up behind the post. I also run a looped ziptie through the seatbinder bolt as an additional guide.
    Scott @ GO-RIDE.com
    Turner DHR
    Pivot Mach 6
    Giant Anthem 27.5
    Salsa Bear Grease C
    Lil Shredder 20" - son's

EDR

Works fine...

I tested a run along the top tube where I actually put it through the shock pivot point
    I run my KS in the shock mount bracket, just under the TT...then to a stick on cable tie on the left side of the TT near the front triangle box. No problems whatsoever on my 575.